Breanna Stewart back in Cicero | Syracusefan.com

Breanna Stewart back in Cicero

SWC75

Bored Historian
Here is an ESPN filed report and article on Breanna's visit back to her former home earlier this year when UCONN played Colgate, (because SU claimed they couldn't fit them in their schedule). She apparently gave some serious through to playing for SU and elevating our program but the lure of UCONN was too great. I'd say it worked out well for her. (Maybe if we'd done more to build the SU program up before this...)
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...all-start-connecticut-huskies-breanna-stewart

Here is where she used to live on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...0x89d994a966325faf:0x2a053707d87cdb4c!6m1!1e1

Note: The Stewart family no longer lives there.

I agree. Syracuse University owed her nothing to schedule a game. Nothing.

Exactly. She could have played a whole lot of games in Syracuse, but chose not to. That's fine, she can do whatever she feels is best for her - but just realize there are drawbacks with any decision and that's one with going to UConn.

She chose the best...what kid playing football in CNY wouldn't go if Bama/Saban came calling but::::: She still wants to be loved in Syracuse? Grow up. You made your choice and I'm glad it worked for you but to expect to be loved by your now former hometown...to quote an old Nazareth song :"dream on".

My daughters dream of playing Div 1 basketball. I will be sharing this story with them when I get home. They all love SU mens basketball. My second daughter is a UConn girls fan, an obvious bandwagon move. I've already told her not to attend UConn or Georgetown if she expects me to cheer for her.

Ha, considering the street view SWC posted, the kid probably just wanted a place that feels like home. That tree-less block is a dead ringer for Storrs.

It'd be the same thing if Coleman went to UK. We wish them the best but we don't owe them anything when it comes to playing in their hometown.

Lots of hard feelings here. Do we feel the same way about Mike Hart?

Growing up in CNY, if I was a football player I would have gone to the U without question, basketball SU without question, and if I was a woman I'd go to Uconn to play basketball.

Her talent probably would have made any school a contender but who can fault her for accepting that offer?

12-bye-felicia.w750.h560.2x.jpg

Growing up in CNY, if I was a football player I would have gone to the U without question, basketball SU without question, and if I was a woman I'd go to Uconn to play basketball.

Her talent probably would have made any school a contender but who can fault her for accepting that offer?

Stop. Nobody faults her.

But given her choice, I for one feel no compulsion to root for her, either. Simple as that. To hell with her.

"Nobody faults her." ...but..."To hell with her."

Theyre not mutually exclusive. It's fine if BS chose Uconn, but if she does, why should we give a f@ck about her basketball career? At that point she's just another basketball player for Uconn.

And yeah, I felt the same way about Mike Hart.

Theyre not mutually exclusive. It's fine if BS chose Uconn, but if she does, why should we give a f@ck about her basketball career? At that point she's just another basketball player for Uconn.

And yeah, I felt the same way about Mike Hart.

Yeah--not sure what is so difficult to grasp about this.

I feel the same way about Breana Stewart that I do about Tobias Harris.

"Nobody faults her." ...but..."To hell with her."

Nobody faults her CHOICE. But nobody who is an SU fan and not a uconn women's fan is obligated to root for her. Couldn't care less whether she lived in CNS or not--she's a husky, so to hell with her.

Yeah, it's the equivalent of leaving some local high school to go to a local private school. I doubt the local HS is going to be cheering your triumphant return.

It was her choice. She wanted to be part of the Borg. As RF said, to hell with her! :)

I followed Mike Hart's career at Michigan and wished him well every Saturday except when he played the Irish. I follow and root for local kids to do well even if they don't go to SU but I have no problem with those who don't care to. Certainly SU owed Brianna no help in giving her a home game but if Alabama football wanted to give SU a hone game for free with nothing return, we probably take it.

Some of this might be the difference between alums and townies. I can't think of a reason why an alum, with no ties to the area other than their college, would have any particular regard for local kids who went to college elsewhere.

I've got a Master's from Syracuse but my allegiance to SU comes much more from growing up in the area. I can see where a townie would root for local kids no matter where they go. I just don't fall in that category -- if you didn't go to SU or Fulton, I couldn't give a flying f about you as a player.

Some folks are small and petty. Syracuse seemingly has an abundance of them.

why did you put a link in the post to where she "used to live". that is weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom