Now we need a guard for '12 | Syracusefan.com

Now we need a guard for '12

fanfanclubclub

Scout Team
Scoop is gone after this year (Mookie too?), Triche is gone the year after: with a decent chance MCW and Dion could might also head out after 2012.

Cooney might be lonely in 2013.

I know we haven't been prominently mentioned with any 2012 guards since Reinhardt, but I think we must be after someone under the radar. I don't have anything to support this opinion, though. I haven't heard of any interesting guards still on our radar.

As for the rumor that Jefferson might be our third commit, I don't see it, Jefferson just doesn't seem like a fit, a need, or a guy we've ever heavily keyed on. Not sure we really have room for him. If anything, DC2's commit would seem to have more of an impact on Jefferson's recruiting, as opposed to Noel's.

Might we have a late, off-the-radar Louis McCroskey type commit?

* Maybe Ray Lee? He fits the profile as a late bloomer, getting some love from L'Ville.

* Brandon Ashley's future teammates at Findlay Prep are still available (Amedeo Della Valle & Dominic Artis) and are seeking suitors (Artis decommitted from UCLA recently).

* Adonis Filer is an East coast/north east high major talent, while Daiqon Walker and Olivier Hanlon are interesting.

* Way less realistically, Andrew White is still available as a 2G with a ton of upside, and Tyrone Wallace reminds one of a young Jason Hart, California and all.

Or, obviously, we could tuck the scholie for a loaded 2013 class.

Don't need a guard in the 2012 class. Will still have BT, MCW, DW, TC in 2013. Looks like we are on some top guards for the 2013 class including Tyler Ennis, Kendrick Nunn both top 25.

How about we actually lock up Coleman first? Let's not put the cart before the horse.

I'm assuming you mean MCW?

And it really depends on how the starting rotation shakes out next year. If MCW beats out Dion for the spot alongside Brandon, then I could see him putting up good enough numbers to leave after his sophomore year. However, if Dion wins the starting job, I don't see any way MCW doesn't stay three years.

And it really depends on how the starting rotation shakes out next year. If MCW beats out Dion for the spot alongside Brandon, then I could see him putting up good enough numbers to leave after his sophomore year. However, if Dion wins the starting job, I don't see any way MCW doesn't stay three years.

Next years starting backcourt will be Triche and MCW. Melo, Xmas, Fair, Triche, MCW.

sorry, yes MCW... typo

I'd rather have Richard Dean Anderson. Talk about a player who can make something outta nothing!

Moot if a junior MCW is still here.

And it's also impossible to forecast, because there's no way to tell how any player will develop.

Scoop is gone after this year (Mookie too?), Triche is gone the year after: with a decent chance MCW and Dion could might also head out after 2012.

Cooney might be lonely in 2013.

I know we haven't been prominently mentioned with any 2012 guards since Reinhardt, but I think we must be after someone under the radar. I don't have anything to support this opinion, though. I haven't heard of any interesting guards still on our radar.

As for the rumor that Jefferson might be our third commit, I don't see it, Jefferson just doesn't seem like a fit, a need, or a guy we've ever heavily keyed on. Not sure we really have room for him. If anything, DC2's commit would seem to have more of an impact on Jefferson's recruiting, as opposed to Noel's.

Might we have a late, off-the-radar Louis McCroskey type commit?

* Maybe Ray Lee? He fits the profile as a late bloomer, getting some love from L'Ville.

* Brandon Ashley's future teammates at Findlay Prep are still available (Amedeo Della Valle & Dominic Artis) and are seeking suitors (Artis decommitted from UCLA recently).

* Adonis Filer is an East coast/north east high major talent, while Daiqon Walker and Olivier Hanlon are interesting.

* Way less realistically, Andrew White is still available as a 2G with a ton of upside, and Tyrone Wallace reminds one of a young Jason Hart, California and all.

Or, obviously, we could tuck the scholie for a loaded 2013 class.

You're advocating a Louie McCroskey type commit?

No thanks.

I expect the coaching staff to hoard any open scholarships for the tremendous foundation they've laid for the class of 2012.

would a junior cooney get the nod over a senior waiters?

That would be his best chance but I doubt it. Anything can happen between now and then though.

May the best players win--why root for certain players over others?

Which post is rooting? A question was asked and an opinion as given.

Could spot start as early as this season, full time next year possibly.

Not sure what spot starting is. For an injury? Maybe. JB doesn't change his starting lineup based on matchups or spots anyone.

Not sure what spot starting is. For an injury? Maybe. JB doesn't change his starting lineup based on matchups or spots anyone.
Well you will have to see for yourself. I know how good he can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom