Nassib haters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nassib haters

How do you rate a QB? Passing percentage? Yards per attempt and yards per completion? No doubt that Ryan does some things pretty well. He is smart, manages a game well, throws the intermediate pass well, and doesn't make many mental mistakes. He is not a real threat to run and he simply misses far too many guys running open. He may be top 50 in most categories but he isn't top 100 in throwing the long ball accurately. The success of this offense is predicated on making the defense pay when they load the box. You only get a few of those opportunities when you have a guy open deep every game. You need to hit them with enough regularity to back the defensive pressure down at the line and Ryan can't.

Nassib was red-shirted his freshmen year correct? So he will have one more year next season (2012) as a red-shirt senior?

No doubt he had a bad game but I have a couple questions.

1. Is Nassib a Top 50 QB? If your answer is no, stop posting. If your answer is yes then move on.

2. Why is it that our O isn't Top 100, if our QB is Top 50? How can all these schools with worse QBs have better Os?

Our O has to execute at such a high level, it is insane. When we execute we look great, see last week. But you cannot expect college kids to execute on that level week in and week out. Our kids are put under a lot of pressure to execute EVERY play. Because if we have a negative play the whole system fails. Having every play be critical to success on O isn't fair to the kids.

I think he's Top 50, and he has had more good games than bad this year. Top 50 covers a lot of ground.

Putting aside for a moment the fact that the OL sucked yesterday and he was under pressure most of the time, the thing that puzzles me is that he was a much better long ball passer his freshman year than he is this year. His frosh year, we brought him in on 3rd and long all the time because he could complete throws that were beyond Paulus' ability...and he could complete them when everyone in the stadium knew what he was going to do.

This year, on those occasions when we have receivers running open...or what passes for "open" with our receivers...he isn't connecting on those medium-long passes very often.

Not sure what is going on. He has improved in the short game but regressed in the long game.

The QB is not the problem , it's the O-Line ( Center ) .

Are you phucking kidding me? Macky has had a good season and has graded out better than most the other lineman on a constistant basis. When L'Ville is shooting two backers through the same A gap it's not on him. Period.

The issue is the same thing we have been writing about all season long. We have WR's who struggle against man coverage and a QB that has accuracy issues. Accuracy isn't just about completion percentages -- it's about delivering a pass that also allows his WR's to get some YAC. That rarely happens. That pass that he threw just behind Graham on a busted play highlights this. The defender was just able to get his hand on the ball. Had Ryan led Graham a bit that would have been a decent gain.

This says nothing of the overthrown or under thrown balls this week. Missing an open Chew, lofting a moon ball on the stop and go to Chew, or missing a wide open receiver in the end one when we settled for three.

The blueprint for stopping Syracuse is out there fellas. Stack the box, send heat, and man press with a single high safety.

I think he's Top 50, and he has had more good games than bad this year. Top 50 covers a lot of ground.

Putting aside for a moment the fact that the OL sucked yesterday and he was under pressure most of the time, the thing that puzzles me is that he was a much better long ball passer his freshman year than he is this year. His frosh year, we brought him in on 3rd and long all the time because he could complete throws that were beyond Paulus' ability...and he could complete them when everyone in the stadium knew what he was going to do.

This year, on those occasions when we have receivers running open...or what passes for "open" with our receivers...he isn't connecting on those medium-long passes very often.

Not sure what is going on. He has improved in the short game but regressed in the long game.
i'm don't remember those plays in 2009. yards per attempt wasn't anything special.

we're conjuring up fiction to try to explain what's happening now but the truth is he was never a good deep passer

Any QB is less accurate when they're being constantly rushed. When Nassib has some time, he's been pretty accurate (see WVU game). His one big weakness is lack of pocket presence. He needs to use his legs a little more.

i'm don't remember those plays in 2009. yards per attempt wasn't anything special.

we're conjuring up fiction to try to explain what's happening now but the truth is he was never a good deep passer

"Fiction" is not defined by your particular memories

"Fiction" is not defined by your particular memories
his yards per attempt was worse in 09.

i guess your particular memories are about him only coming on 3rd and 15 and still completing big plays despite everyone knowing what would happen.

Ryan is an Ok QB if given time can make throws. The deep ball is his worst pass and unfortunately the deep ball is what is open against a press type of D. This is something that cant be taught it is like a shooter in Bball you can get better but you either have it or you dont and Ryan doesnt and never will

Uh no stuff, Andrew Luck is a better QB than 10 NFL starters.

No and there are 50 college QB's that would have made that pass at least 25% of the time. Use your brain instead of making @sshole comments most of the time you post.

It's like he has the yips...he gets overexcited and overthrows them.

It's like he has the yips...he gets overexcited and overthrows them.
taking a page from barrel's golf comparison

some good putters get the yips.
some people like me don't get the yips, they just can't putt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors