I'm Delighted with Red's Portal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

I'm Delighted with Red's Portal

Devo averaged over 3 assists per game in his SU career. Bell is averaging .5

Yes, that's POINT 5
Eric would be the best player on any team we've had since the 2016 Final Four. It's really not fair to compare any current player to any of the good teams we've had over the years.

I can't even imagine what that 2009 team would do to any of the recent ones we've had.

Chris Bell can shoot the chit out of the ball standing still but if your coach doesn't even bother to run you off screens then you don't even get a spot in the conversation for best shooter in the country.

Chris Bell can shoot the chit out of the ball standing still but if your coach doesn't even bother to run you off screens then you don't even get a spot in the conversation for best shooter in the country.

He made some coming off screens. Not a lot but some including that NCST game.

He inherited a stale program and really hasn't done much to get people excited. His Gmac replacement hasn't moved the needle. We don't seem to have a great recruiter on staff.
In year 1 Red has accomplished the following -->

Won 20 games for the first time in a decade with an inherited band of misfits

Had the first win against a top 10 team in a decade

Kicked out a malcontent midyear and kicked 2 more out after the season, illustrating his committment to running the team HIS way (in his first year!)

Brought in the top rated recruit since 'Melo

Brought in outside blood to his staff (now 50%) including a lights out recruiter

Brought in a legitimate Center for the first time since Rak (I dont count Edwards as he was a flyer)

Eric would be the best player on any team we've had since the 2016 Final Four. It's really not fair to compare any current player to any of the good teams we've had over the years.

I can't even imagine what that 2009 team would do to any of the recent ones we've had.

One season. Another ball dominant guard. He's going to be part of a guard rotation. We are moving to more position-less basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom