Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

Watching some of his game action, just a list of stuff as I see it:
  • His 3 point shooting is obviously his biggest strength. Not going to be jacking up 3's like crazy the way Reynolds or Leffew do, but it's definitely the part of his game that you'd expect to translate over to us the best.
  • Struggles to elevate on his drives and isn't a very good ball handler, probably a big reason for his struggles finishing at the rim despite being physically strong relative to his peers. Mostly tries to just power through people once he gets to the paint. I'd expect these struggles to continue against ACC competition.
  • Not sure if it's just coincidence, but both of the games I've watched so far (Memphis and Gonzaga), he didn't really do much until they pulled their starters out. 9 of his 18 points against Memphis came in the last 2.5 minutes against their backups and 19 of his 25 points against Gonzaga came in the last 5ish minutes when they started putting the backups, Mark Few's son, etc. in.
  • I'll have to see how they play against some of the other SWAC teams, but it stood out to me that the offense wasn't really run through Evans in these two games. Nobody really dominates the ball but their 5'8" PG definitely handled it the most of anyone. You don't really average nearly 20 points in a season without getting a lot of touches but he was just really quiet in both of these games until the end.
  • The Georgetown game was competitive the whole way through and Evans had a much better performance (though he went 1/7 down the stretch as the game slipped away). Kind of more of the same though; the offense isn't really run through him much but he did a nice job of taking advantage of opportunities as they came up.
Not really sure what to make of him yet to be honest. My initial reaction is I think I'd probably roll with Carlos and JJ as the starters but not sure how realistic that is.

Edit: Watched the Georgetown game too and added a bullet at the end here.
last year he did help jackson state beat missouri too...with at least 1 clutch basket down the stretch and big scoring numbers for the game

he can obviously score vs p5 teams

but i did notice he plays below the rim almost exclusively ...which is a bit odd for someone with his athleticism and size

Between Eddie's raw approach to social media, and his post to Maliq "See you soon" or something along those lines I really enjoy having him as our center already.
Man, it sure looks like Lampkin is going to be fun.

Between his offensive lineman style approach to setting picks and his big big mouth, I think opponents are going to hate him. The fact he's pretty good is cool too.

The pic was from Orange Insider, no?? (not from the payer...)

Yeah, this would be a great add.
Still want a stretch 4/5. Then we're set.
And we would still have room for another shot blocker.

Breaking Bad Pizza GIF
Anyone else ever wonder what was in the paper bag?

Like it probably is just napkins, maybe some dipping sauce or something.

But maybe it's something a lil special like garlic knots.

I don't know. I don't know how they do pizza in querque.

Man, it sure looks like Lampkin is going to be fun.

Between his offensive lineman style approach to setting picks and his big big mouth, I think opponents are going to hate him. The fact he's pretty good is cool too.
New nickname: Jumbo Devo

We have. We will hear more in a few days. After the portal closes.

Have you heard anything on a big? It's been quiet, and we need another 4 or 5.

Just to add some substance to your opinion, here are the rebounding stats for the EYBL.

Donnie was the 2nd best rebounder in the conference. Good offensive rebounder but nothing special Really good defensive rebounder.

He would have led the league in rebounding had he been better on the offensive boards. Which I think is directly related to your point.

It will be interesting to see how Donnie plays on the offensive end at Syracuse, especially his frosh year. We might have him play more down low; at least flash him down low some. Could work well with Eddie, who appears to me to be a gifted high post passer.

I’d love to see the full games during that stretch he played PG. Some guys are better on the ball vs off the ball. Interestingly Evans TO numbers were much better playing the pt than off the ball. Again have to factor the competition too.

I’d love to see the full games during that stretch he played PG. Some guys are better on the ball vs off the ball. Interestingly Evans TO numbers were much better playing the pt than off the ball. Again have to factor the competition too.
Agree. If there are any out there, I would love to watch them.

Yeah, this would be a great add.
Still want a stretch 4/5. Then we're set.
And we would still have room for another shot blocker.
theres only 3 players on the roster taller than 6'9...and one of them is in a walking boot

the center position is still crying out.. the roster still needs more tall players

I'm not watching any more film on guys until they commit!!!

As fun as breaking down film is, I have a little bit of life left off this forum.
I hear ya. It gets exhausting. I did it again with Evans Jr. and it caused me to get really excited about the possibility of adding him to our team. If we don't land this young man, I think I'll join you (until the next target appears).

I hear ya. It gets exhausting. I did it again with Evans Jr. and it caused me to get really excited about the possibility of adding him to our team. If we don't land this young man, I think I'll join you (until the next target appears).
RESIST!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom