Duke Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Gameday...

Hopefully the players - AND COACHES - will be able to forget this game and move on. I would post some thoughts about it on a private forum but not here. Truly bad all around.

I can't wait for the ACC with Notre rider to implode and hope there is pain on tobacco rd when it happens.

Hopefully the players - AND COACHES - will be able to forget this game and move on. I would post some thoughts about it on a private forum but not here. Truly bad all around.
I want them to dwell on this. We had a long time off and we came in physically rested.

Wake the hell up 2024 Orange…

18-13 sounds a helluva lot better than just what happened. Maybe we fall to 4 or 5.

Kyle's POTG:

Ain't anyone in Orange, that's for sure.

Give it to McAdorey.

That had to be Will Mark’s worst game of his life.

not to mention cornell prob gonna lose also. But wanna say i agree with the mulé statements but think birt hasn’t gotten enough comments as he has not been good this year. He hasn’t scored much at all and isn’t a passer really so been wondering what his deal is n if he is gonna bring something to table. I know he’s better then he has played this year but this whole team offense and defense has to step up and play full 60mins from now on. So much talent on offense and yet still some games certain guys show n some don’t. They are way way way more dangerous when everyone is involved n playing their best clearly. Mark was horrible 1 save n mccool wasn’t great but very tough spot to come in and be hott. Team did not show the fire or energy they needed to play. Hopefully they realize it’s now or never from here on out.

A few quick things

I expected Duke to play much better and win but thought SU would lose by a few or 1 in a close game. That 1st half was a but whooping.

I can't explain the horrific start by the FOGO's. I know Naso was out and they don't knwo the back up but man you can't lose 5 straight to start and violate twice.

Defensively the Mcadory move clearly had SU flumoxed but once its 3-0 Gait has to call a TO and Odierna has to make some changes. Kol has done a pretty good job on crease guys and finishers but he in no scenario is a match up for Mcadorey, ever. Get Caccamo in there or bump Olexxo down which they did but only after it was 5-0.

Also while were on the staff when both the fogos' look lost give Gibbs a draw or Richiusa maybe they hit lightning a bottle for a few draws then go back to the starters. You have like 7 FOGO's on the roster why not use the depth when the main 2 guys are having an off night?

Clearing was mostly fine because Duke doesn't 10 man or really ride but why this team insists on trying to split double and triple teams is beyond me. Figueris and Levine both tried for reasons I have no idea.

Offensively Joey looked good but when HIltz struggles were a mess and he struggled mightily tonight. He's been really good so you give him a pass but we won't get anywhere if he's not himself next week. 1 shot the entire game is absurd.

I thought the staff finally got it when they went to Leo at attack late vs UVA but we went back to Mule I think full time again. Mule had 1 pt, an assist. He's a good player and I am not looking for him to be benched but he's way to inconsistent and the lack of dodging is an anchor against other top teams. Leo has to see more time at attack.

Good performance from Stevens, good to see him stay strong. English struggled, he's been up and down all year, gonna be one of those seasons I guess.

As Powellfan noted this will hopefully be a wake up call but this was a very disappointing performance. Good news is most of the team responded after the awful 1st quarter Kohn finished at 63% which is impressive when he started 0-5. D needs to flush some things, two games in a row they've been abused, UVA and Duke have good offenses but that was way to easy. Offensively this team wins when Hiltz, Thomson and Leo are scoring. They had 2 pts combined and 0 goals, not gonna cut it.

not to mention cornell prob gonna lose also. But wanna say i agree with the mulé statements but think birt hasn’t gotten enough comments as he has not been good this year. He hasn’t scored much at all and isn’t a passer really so been wondering what his deal is n if he is gonna bring something to table. I know he’s better then he has played this year but this whole team offense and defense has to step up and play full 60mins from now on. So much talent on offense and yet still some games certain guys show n some don’t. They are way way way more dangerous when everyone is involved n playing their best clearly. Mark was horrible 1 save n mccool wasn’t great but very tough spot to come in and be hott. Team did not show the fire or energy they needed to play. Hopefully they realize it’s now or never from here on out.

I like Birtwistle but he has struggled this year, hasn't looked the same. Think he's playing out of place at middie, would love to see him get some run at attack but even after that big season late in Gate's opening year he hasn't sniffed PT at attack. Maybe he's still nursing that injury from the start of the year, again just doesn't look like the same player.

I understand the transfer portal is the way the world works today but…

It’s gonna become more difficult to retain guys when transfers come in, take a top 6-8 spot in the offensive rotation and play as inconsistently as Mule and English.

They better finish strong.

Also think and been saying it for while that offense needs to be little more in rangy shooting or shots on run. I get we move ball around better than most teams and want those dunk goals. But better d stacks middle n forces or even gives ya range shots or alley runs. Not saying has to be our offense but have to be able to put some of those in net forcing D to push out. Know lack some outside shooters but leo rhoa def can shoot on run just don’t often everyone looking for those dunk goals. Wish give hottle a run or kellogg even mcCarthy. Also again something mention many times english needs some kind of left hand even if very temporary. He made nice move to get right on net but kept it in right hand which limited his angle if went to left would had mostly entire net to shoot at. Know box guys stick with strong hand but at this level telling me absolutely have no left at all. Hiltz 1 shot n didn’t seem he was into the game at all. Don’t think he has only 1 shot in all games he played. He seemed to just be there not actually trying to be involved. Leo no shots at all either. He has gotten pole on him last few games and production (grant hasn’t seem to temp even to go much) gone down. I believe birt is much better then he’s been playing not sure what his deal is but he better get his ass in gear. Wright being out sure hurt don’t think would of changed anything really tho. Duke came out ready and as few times this year we didn’t. Got out hustled early n big hole to come out of and sloppy play pokes up when happens. Still young team making same mistakes. Will see where we end up and who draw but if don’t start playing full 60mins and make better in game adjustments will be very short playoffs.

I know the mcdory switched confused us but feel something should been discussed anyway or least mention that could be possible. He did play attack last year for them so wasn’t like out of left field. Not great way to head into ncaas.

Just an awful performance. We are not back, yet. Not even close.

Reminds me of women's lax where it looks like we're there, but there are always a couple teams that can humble us.

Such stupid timing for these playoffs too & / or that big gap between the regular season end.

Will affect our seeding & hopefully does not wreck our confidence.

Just an awful performance. We are not back, yet. Not even close.

Reminds me of women's lax where it looks like we're there, but there are always a couple teams that can humble us.

Such stupid timing for these playoffs too & / or that big gap between the regular season end.

Will affect our seeding & hopefully does not wreck our confidence.

You probably need to recalibrate what "being back is." No school will have a run like the one SU had through the 80's, 90's and 2000's. There's too much parity. And as far as recruiting, the school has built in disadvantages now that didnt exist previously.

On top of all of that you're never actually back after one year. You have to show consistency. We're still running mostly underclassmen out there against seniors and grad students. I think this year is a great sign of SU being in the upper tier of lacrosse again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom