Horse Racing 2024 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing 2024

And now even horse racing needs to utilize Instant Replay

I started the day with some combination of 2 7 8 11 19 20 and the 3 if the track was off.
Then I created supers with the 4 in 4th off that

ended up with 2 7 8 11 19/ 2 7 8 11 19/2 7 8 11 19/4

Should have trusted the 3 after it made be money in the prep race.

1714865734831.jpeg

Largest TV audience in 35 years. Racing is back.

Thats a pretty crazy increase in ratings? Why all of a sudden?
on-line gambling promotions I'm sure - I wish I could say because of the efforts to try to control the cheating bringing people back but can't sign off on that.

the derby time was just so slow.. Hard to see how you can keep winning with such slow numbers.
The number actually didn't come up that slow, at least by present day KY Derby standards. He had the run of the race, however, and was probably the third best horse that day. That said, this is a smaller field, and a wet track, which is looking likely for Saturday, would probably help his chances. He will still be a bet against for me. I'll be using Tuscan Gold, Just Steel and Catching Freedom.

The number actually didn't come up that slow, at least by present day KY Derby standards. He had the run of the race, however, and was probably the third best horse that day. That said, this is a smaller field, and a wet track, which is looking likely for Saturday, would probably help his chances. He will still be a bet against for me. I'll be using Tuscan Gold, Just Steel and Catching Freedom.
I like Tuscan Gold as well. Not feeling Just Steel and don't trust that the remaining Baffert horse won't be a factor. Nightmare of seeing that pompous cheater in the winners circle again.

Agree 100% on all of it. You have to remember that Churchill is now making the track as safe as humanly possible on derby day because any catastrophic injury is such a black eye on Derby Day. You do that by making it a bit softer which slows the track down as well. This ain't your Dad's Derby track anymore

Santa Anita did this a few years ago when they had all the issues and the time differences were staggering.

I mean mystic Dan now has two beyers at 100 and 101. That's not too bad. The only one in the field but I am with you I won't be using him in anything or the other Baffert as I just don't see the value.

I like either Catching Freedom and Tuscan Gold. Just Steel never won going two turns but a definite jockey upgrade if Rosario can get horse to relax and make one big run, which he is great at even though it drives people crazy at times.

If the track is really muddy I might use some Uncle Heavy as well

Last edited: