Class of 2022 - F Journey Thompson (PA) Transferring from ASU to Syracuse (5/4/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 F Journey Thompson (PA) Transferring from ASU to Syracuse (5/4/24)

She's got a teammate named Treasure Hunt.
Treasure is a senior with no more eligibility that I know of. Been my favorite named player for 3 years. Two of which I had season tickets to ASU. Journey is a pretty good player from what I remember.

People were excited when ASU got Coach Adair (same time as Felisha) but I don't see her as a very good coach. She is not involved enough during games.

ASU also has Jayden Simmons (transferring to Mich. St. for her grad year and also had an interest in Syracuse). Jayden's brother played football for us and is graduating this spring. I am friendly with Jayden's parents, and Jayden wanted to transfer to a "winning program" according to her mother. I got the distinct impression from her that the players were not thrilled with the direction of the ASU program. A lot have entered the transfer portal. So no matter what I thought of any of the players, watching them play for ASU the past 2 seasons is not a fair evaluation.

IMG_6577.jpeg

Another FLJ Commit!
images - 2024-05-05T151146.384.jpg

Arizona State transfer forward Journey Thompson has committed to Syracuse women's basketball, she announced on her Instagram account on Saturday.

I haven't seen any film but she appears to have put on some "bad weight" since her high school days. The transformation of bodies in college athletes is often of interest in projecting their performance trajectory.

Cheriehoop:

IMO, we are in DIRE STRAIGHTS w/o Dyisha Fair.

Who is going to score like she did for two years?

Any ideas? She was almost everything we could bring to a game - is there anyone out there either as a HS senior or in the portal?
She was special and I think we are going to be not as good w/o her?

Cheriehoop:

Any ideas? She was almost everything we could bring to a game - is there anyone out there either as a HS senior or in the portal?
She was special and I think we are going to be not as good w/o her?
Hopefully we can adjust and scheme where we’re a more balanced team, less dependent on one player this year because we will need a real team effort. I doubt anyone will score like Dyasia did here the past 2 years. We didn’t just lose our #1 scorer but also our #3 and #4 scorer with Rice and Latham gone. Our 2nd leading scorer Georgia I hope becomes much stronger physically and with the ball in the off season. I don’t see anyone still in the portal, it looks like the top players have already committed but it’s tough to research unlike the guys. CoopSwoop is more up to date on portal info than I am.

I was hoping we’d be in the mix to get UConn’s 6’6” DeBerry from the portal who is actually from the Buffalo area. I don’t know her story but she was a Mickey D and top 15 recruit who had 2 years of eligibility but ended up at Maryland. Pitt player 6’0” guard Liatu King is still in the portal for some reason despite averaging 19 points, 10 rebounds. (sounds like an inside player though). She scored 27 points against us this year!

Cheriehoop:

We have to bring in the right player, we can't afford to pay NIL money for nothing.

We have to bring in the right player, we can't afford to pay NIL money for nothing.
I've heard money for nothing you get your chicks for free.

All right, all RIGHT. I'm leaving.

Hopefully we can adjust and scheme where we’re a more balanced team, less dependent on one player this year because we will need a real team effort. I doubt anyone will score like Dyasia did here the past 2 years. We didn’t just lose our #1 scorer but also our #3 and #4 scorer with Rice and Latham gone. Our 2nd leading scorer Georgia I hope becomes much stronger physically and with the ball in the off season. I don’t see anyone still in the portal, it looks like the top players have already committed but it’s tough to research unlike the guys. CoopSwoop is more up to date on portal info than I am.

I was hoping we’d be in the mix to get UConn’s 6’6” DeBerry from the portal who is actually from the Buffalo area. I don’t know her story but she was a Mickey D and top 15 recruit who had 2 years of eligibility but ended up at Maryland. Pitt player 6’0” guard Liatu King is still in the portal for some reason despite averaging 19 points, 10 rebounds. (sounds like an inside player though). She scored 27 points against us this year!
D. Fair will be impossible to replace.....but, the framework for the team coming in next year looks good. Coach Jack preaches defense...so, we should be a defense focused team, with some outside scoring punch. Let's take a look at some lineup options:
Velez? have you seen her tape from high school? She has some flair o her game and can take it to the hole and dish dimes. Wholley, is a 3 year starter and a consistent 15 plus point per game scorer. She will get close to 40 minutes per game at her natural 2 guard spot and some time at the 3. We are getting a really athletic freshman in Ka Shya Hawkins, she is going to add some much needed speed and athleticism to this team. Sophie "Buckets "Burroughs , finished the year strong and is a really good outside shooter whow will hopefully be more consistent. She rebounds the ball well for her position and can play the back line in the zone, as she did last year and should give us some outside scoring punch from primarily the 3 , but can play the 2 as well. Izzy V., is a really good post player and hopefully she can stay healthy. I saw her live at NC State, and she gave their Bigs all they could handle with her low post scoring. K. Woods is a really good rebounder and defender at the 4 or 5. She isn't going to give you much scoring, but she is an experienced post player and gives us an inside defensive presence and rebounder.
The bench players: 5th year senior, Camp is an experience floor leader, who can defend. Wilson, Scott, will find their roles. We will be OK, just have Faith!!

Treasure is a senior with no more eligibility that I know of. Been my favorite named player for 3 years. Two of which I had season tickets to ASU. Journey is a pretty good player from what I remember.

People were excited when ASU got Coach Adair (same time as Felisha) but I don't see her as a very good coach. She is not involved enough during games.

ASU also has Jayden Simmons (transferring to Mich. St. for her grad year and also had an interest in Syracuse). Jayden's brother played football for us and is graduating this spring. I am friendly with Jayden's parents, and Jayden wanted to transfer to a "winning program" according to her mother. I got the distinct impression from her that the players were not thrilled with the direction of the ASU program. A lot have entered the transfer portal. So no matter what I thought of any of the players, watching them play for ASU the past 2 seasons is not a fair evaluation.
Treasure Hunt has 1 year left and is the portal

King would have been a great 1yr player, improved every year. She will be at Notre Dame.

Best Portal players left:
Janah Barker
Ruby Whitehorn
Maryam Dauda
Cameron Williams

Don't see any of them coming here.
Problems we have for season: Scoring Georgia/Sophia hot/cold shooters and with Fair gone might see less room to operate. Foot speed - Top 3 ACC will run/push us. Depth - unknown w/freshmen

Gvvj.
King would have been a great 1yr player, improved every year. She will be at Notre Dame.

Best Portal players left:
Janah Barker
Ruby Whitehorn
Maryam Dauda
Cameron Williams

Don't see any of them coming here.
Problems we have for season: Scoring Georgia/Sophia hot/cold shooters and with Fair gone might see less room to operate. Foot speed - Top 3 ACC will run/push us. Depth - unknown w/freshmen
Yes, would have loved to see King here, she committed late to ND too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom