2025 Transfer Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

Ha, not usually. That would be quite a choice. ACC should once again be quite the battle next year. Another poster on fanlax (albeit it's their first ever post) is saying he's headed to Carolina.

That would be a great coup for UNC, had heard Hop was really pushing hard for him, figured he would likely end up there or ND. UNC definitely positioning themselves to have a major turnaround year next season assuming Duffy and a few others are healthy.

I don’t think we ever see Kellogg as a top two line mid. He doesn’t move well enough. It would be nice to get that shot on the field occasionally though.

I don't know, he seemed to move fine in the little PT he got at mid this year. He's never gonna be any sort of a significant dodging threat obviously but he was a true frosh seeing his first minutes. A full year of practice plus the summer and fall ball he should be able to increase his mobility. Perfect guy to run out there against zones and on the man up.

Ha, not usually. That would be quite a choice. ACC should once again be quite the battle next year. Another poster on fanlax (albeit it's their first ever post) is saying he's headed to Carolina.
wasnt going to say anything but since it's out there, this is what i've heard as well

I'm sure Slippin' Jimmy, Duffy, Rolley, Ippoliti and Ferguson will have something to say about that.
I also hope we can get one of those guys to the WM level. Best thing long-term is to develop goalies in house. We start to get the reputation for pulling in Grad transfers for goalies and at some point we're going to come up snake eyes and that could lead to a string of bad seasons.

I'm sure Slippin' Jimmy, Duffy, Rolley, Ippoliti and Ferguson will have something to say about that.

For sure. Staudt has had a good run for two years. That said, I'm not sure you couldn't bring him in and still have a competition. If they had brought in Gianforcaro, perhaps that competition wouldn't have been so open.

That is a lot of goalies (4) to have on the roster, even before bringing someone else in. Duffy will be a four year player, he might be onto the real world next year.

Still feels like something worth tracking. Goalies with save percentages above 50% don't really grow on trees these days.

For sure. Staudt has had a good run for two years. That said, I'm not sure you couldn't bring him in and still have a competition. If they had brought in Gianforcaro, perhaps that competition wouldn't have been so open.

That is a lot of goalies (4) to have on the roster, even before bringing someone else in. Duffy will be a four year player, he might be onto the real world next year.

Still feels like something worth tracking. Goalies with save percentages above 50% don't really grow on trees these days.
I like proven commodity. Also, West Genny goalies seem to pan out for us

Per fan lax Aiden Blake from Cornell to Duke next year.

Same poster is also alleging Long will be back next year. I think its possible if he withdrew like Kirst did in 21, he's been there since 2020 though so I am not sure how valid that is.

Per fan lax Aiden Blake from Cornell to Duke next year.

Same poster is also alleging Long will be back next year. I think its possible if he withdrew like Kirst did in 21, he's been there since 2020 though so I am not sure how valid that is.

Cornell should be pretty loaded next year. They would get their entire attack back with Kirst and Goldstein. Midfield would be a bit depleted but they still have Firth and Nikolic returning as sophomores. Plus Knust who has a hot hand right now would be back, and Cascaden to face-off, back from injury. Their defense hasn't been great this year, but I think they get a lot of guys back there too.

Feels like them and Syracuse are the two biggest contenders this year who don't lose massive talent to graduation.

Cornell should be pretty loaded next year. They would get their entire attack back with Kirst and Goldstein. Midfield would be a bit depleted but they still have Firth and Nikolic returning as sophomores. Plus Knust who has a hot hand right now would be back, and Cascaden to face-off, back from injury. Their defense hasn't been great this year, but I think they get a lot of guys back there too.

Feels like them and Syracuse are the two biggest contenders this year who don't lose massive talent to graduation.

I believe your right, they do lose Wirtheim and Blake but assuming Long can return that's clearly the #1 attack unit in the country plus as you noted they do get back Cascadden. IT looks like at least one D starter is a senior but I am unclear if he withdrew and can comeback. The 2021 cancellation makes some players eligibility a bit unclear.

Offensively they should be locked and loaded even if Long is gone. Defensively I think their still likely to have major question marks.

After watching the Duke debacle I wouldn’t say McCool is the heir apparent. If Syracuse can bring in a proven keep they should
I don’t think can base that game on if mccool be good or not. Can’t expect goalie who seen no more then 10mins maby thru whole year thrown in cold no warm up in game that was already out of control . If look at the saves he did have they weren’t all routine saves. He made some good stops on some easy should been goal shots.

After watching the Duke debacle I wouldn’t say McCool is the heir apparent. If Syracuse can bring in a proven keep they should
Thats what I was thinking too. If you can get 1 year rental that is proven to make a run then you do it imo

Thats what I was thinking too. If you can get 1 year rental that is proven to make a run then you do it imo
Not fully sold on 53% in Patriot League. Staff sees McCool in practice every day, if they like him it’s probably for a reason. He looked good in limited minutes before Duke. I trust they’ll make the right decision here, either way, but I don’t see Staudt as being on same level as Mark was when he came in or Gianforcaro is right now.

I don’t think can base that game on if mccool be good or not. Can’t expect goalie who seen no more then 10mins maby thru whole year thrown in cold no warm up in game that was already out of control . If look at the saves he did have they weren’t all routine saves. He made some good stops on some easy should been goal shots.
McCool may bounce if they bring in another goalie transfer. Risking a long term player for a 1 year player isn’t smart in my opinion.

McCool may bounce if they bring in another goalie transfer. Risking a long term player for a 1 year player isn’t smart in my opinion.

I don't believe SU was going to be in the market for a goalie but Staudt jumping in may change the calculus a bit. I think it's much more likely SU adds and O piece or a backup FOGO if Kohn forgoes a final year then a goalie but I can't rule it out completely.

Not fully sold on 53% in Patriot League. Staff sees McCool in practice every day, if they like him it’s probably for a reason. He looked good in limited minutes before Duke. I trust they’ll make the right decision here, either way, but I don’t see Staudt as being on same level as Mark was when he came in or Gianforcaro is right now.
Mark was 54% and average 11 saves per game
Staudt was at 53% and average 13 saves per game

Mark was 54% and average 11 saves per game
Staudt was at 53% and average 13 saves per game
staudt is much more battled tested too...he has played (and played well for the most part) against hop, gtown, maryland, duke, army, rutgers, and more in the last two years. not his fault the loyola offense has been awful while he's been their goalie

staudt is much more battled tested too...he has played (and played well for the most part) against hop, gtown, maryland, duke, army, rutgers, and more in the last two years. not his fault the loyola offense has been awful while he's been their goalie

Not just the offense, the faceoff unit the last two years has been god awful as well for Towson. SU 2023 level bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom