2024 Yankees Season | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

Good for him. He's been squeezed hundreds of times in his career.
Agree Judge gets hosed more than most, but that looked like a good pitch.Either way it was a weak move by the umpire.

So little bit of a hot taek:

He 100% deserved to be tossed. And I love it. I’m glad to see the fire. We are winning the East.

He 100% deserved to be tossed. And I love it. I’m glad to see the fire. We are winning the East.
It doesn’t matter because this team won’t score in October. Half of the lineup is different from last time the team made the playoffs, but it does not matter. Cashman hugs prospects and Levine only wants to sell popcorn buckets.

Last edited:

I've got a lot of dough at +240 (on average) that says Baltimore wins the East so I hope you're wrong. I think it may come down to which pitching staff is healthier over the course of the season. Baltimore's bullpen is a little shaky without Bautista, I don't trust Kimbrel at all. The starters could be solid if Bradish and Means pitch the way they did the past few days but their health is a question mark. I think Baltimore's everyday players are a little stronger from a hitting, defense and baserunning perspective.

I've got a lot of dough at +240 (on average) that says Baltimore wins the East so I hope you're wrong. I think it may come down to which pitching staff is healthier over the course of the season. Baltimore's bullpen is a little shaky without Bautista, I don't trust Kimbrel at all. The starters could be solid if Bradish and Means pitch the way they did the past few days but their health is a question mark. I think Baltimore's everyday players are a little stronger from a hitting, defense and baserunning perspective.
Yeah, I would give Baltimore a slight edge in every category.

Based on the information available to me, I do not like the decision.
A couple days off for a 35 year old could be a good thing, plus having that bat later in the game in a clutch spot is always nice. Berti being back now will allow Boone to start giving guys a day here and there.

A couple days off for a 35 year old could be a good thing, plus having that bat later in the game in a clutch spot is always nice. Berti being back now will allow Boone to start giving guys a day here and there.
I’m not one to overreact to the moment, but I believe all hitters are streaky. For whatever reason, there are times when guys see the ball well or they just have everything working. I think it’s important to exploit those hot streaks, especially with a guy who has struggled since last summer. I recognize that it’s against a tough lefty. I also believe strongly in regular rest. I think the streak actually made Ripken a less productive player. I support giving these guys scheduled rest, but I also think one can deviate from the plan occasionally.

Sad sax music
At least if they call the game it's an official W for the Yankees. 8-2-1 in series this year which is great. The one series loss to Baltimore still bothers me. Let's see if they can go 7-0 vs. the hated Astros. Bury those cheaters!

And you know that how?
Large sample size of October failure from 2018-2023. Bringing in Soto who's actually won a damn thing I hope will be the difference this season. Also the pitching without Cole has been outstanding. Hope they can overcome their biggest weakness in Boone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom