William Patterson to the Portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

William Patterson to the Portal

Come Here Dr Evil GIF

Because he wasn't ready. If he could've helped the team, you burn the redshirt. HIs lack of readiness is only supported by the fact he is transferring.
So you’re saying redshirt = complete scrub by default? I’m willing to bet if the coaches could've magically predicted McLeod would get hurt, they wouldn’t have redshirted Patterson and he would’ve jumped Carey on the depth chart

So you’re saying redshirt = complete scrub by default? I’m willing to bet if the coaches could've magically predicted McLeod would get hurt, they wouldn’t have redshirted Patterson and he would’ve jumped Carey on the depth chart
You can burn a redshirt in the middle of a season.

Should've burned his redshirt last year. They had a "plan", then he goes to portal now they want him back. Hard to figure out what is going on.

You can burn a redshirt in the middle of a season.
Coaches had a plan and wanted to stick with it, a few spot minutes in place of Carey wasn’t worth burning the redshirt because they figured Brown starting playing the 5 and getting more minutes overall was best course of action

Should've burned his redshirt last year. They had a "plan", then he goes to portal now they want him back. Hard to figure out what is going on.
The fact they didn’t should speak volumes.

Coaches had a plan and wanted to stick with it, a few spot minutes in place of Carey wasn’t worth burning the redshirt because they figured Brown starting playing the 5 and getting more minutes overall was best course of action
They chose poorly.

Unless Patterson isn’t actually up to this level.

I'm guessing if Patterson was usable it would've been burned.

They chose poorly.

Unless Patterson isn’t actually up to this level.
Right. And why would they consider bringing him back at all if he doesn't have what it takes to play at this level?

What does Patterson have to do with a football player almost 20 years ago?

Why blow a redshirt just so Patterson can play in a couple of meaningless games late in the season?

Are you trying to protect your spot on the NIT bubble?

If we were a Top 10 team and had a legit shot at a National Championship, it's a different story.

If I was Patterson, I would have told the staff to pound sand.

Why blow a redshirt just so Patterson can play in a couple of meaningless games late in the season?

Are you trying to protect your spot on the NIT bubble?

If we were a Top 10 team and had a legit shot at a National Championship, it's a different story.

If I was Patterson, I would have told the staff to pound sand.
Mcleod was out long before a couple of games late in the season.

Mcleod was out long before a couple of games late in the season.

How far into the season were we when it was determined that Hima was always injured, and Carey was always Carey. (And don't say 2022). ;)

How far into the season were we when it was determined that Hima was always injured, and Carey was always Carey. (And don't say 2022). ;)
This is why I say the guy was not playable. The second McLeod went down if Red knew Patterson could play he would've played.

This is why I say the guy was not playable. The second McLeod went down if Red knew Patterson could play he would've played.

I disagree.

The plan was to redshirt him, and Red honored the agreement.

I've never seen Patterson play, and neither has anyone else.

I don't know how anyone can come to the conclusion that he sucks before he's even played.

You can see for yourself when he removes his name from the portal and returns to Syracuse.

Brown became the full time 5 after McLeod's injury. Carey and Hima played about 2o minutes total the rest of the season.

I disagree.

I don't know how anyone can come to the conclusion that he sucks before he's even played.

You can see for yourself when he removes his name from the portal and returns to Syracuse.
Having a redshirt plan in this day in age is beyond preposterous. Just about everyone who is anyone tests the portal. If a guy doesn't play all year, he gets a redshirt and that's the only way he gets one.

I disagree.

I don’t understand the value of redshirting anyone anymore. They won’t stay 5 years. They won’t stay 2 years.

I disagree.

I hope he's excellent, doesn't mean he is.

Brown became the full time 5 after McLeod's injury. Carey and Hima played about 2o minutes total the rest of the season.
Even more reason if Patterson was ready to play him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom