we would be the worst RPI team to ever make tourney | Syracusefan.com

we would be the worst RPI team to ever make tourney

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
If this is correct... According to syracuse.com we are #71 http://www.collegerpi.com/subs/rpitrivia.html

The lowest rated teams to get at-large bids (ALB): #67 USC, #64 Marquette (2011), #63 NC State (2005), #63 Stanford (2007).

edit - this is through 2012

If this is correct... According to syracuse.com we are #71 http://www.collegerpi.com/subs/rpitrivia.html

The lowest rated teams to get at-large bids (ALB): #67 USC, #64 Marquette (2011), #63 NC State (2005), #63 Stanford (2007).

edit - this is through 2012

2011 USC was 70+. At least according to an article I read. It said they were the last team to get in at 70+.

690West said:
Thank God the committee doesn't look at RPI anymore. *i just made that up, but I'm going with it

They claim they don't. Last year they said RPI and last 10 aren't used. But top 50 wins etc have an RPI component to it. When they say top 50 or 100 they mean in the RPI.

1) Someone has to be that team
2) I think the RPI means less to the selection process than it ever has before

Only saving grace would be if the committee truly throws out the games that Hop coached. If they were to do that, I believe the RPI would be in the high 20's and SOS would increase to top 10. We beat a few 200+ RPI teams with Hop on the bench, which did us no favors. And the losses to St. Johns, Gtown, and Clemson are self-explanatory.

Knicks411 said:
1) Someone has to be that team 2) I think the RPI means less to the selection process than it ever has before

Virginia and Georgia come to mind in years we felt snubbed and they had less than stellar resumes.

Only saving grace would be if the committee truly throws out the games that Hop coached. If they were to do that, I believe the RPI would be in the high 20's and SOS would increase to top 10. We beat a few 200+ RPI teams with Hop on the bench, which did us no favors. And the losses to St. Johns, Gtown, and Clemson are self-explanatory.

It would be interesting to see what are RPI would be taking those 9 games away. Actually, I'd be curious to see what it would be taking just the SJU game out.

They use Sagarin, KenPom and BPI ratings as much as they use RPI now. And Syracuse's ratings are quite good there.

Dropping the 4-5 Hop games yields a 27 RPI, SOS of 11
Boom

lxLhfNl.gif

They claim they don't. Last year they said RPI and last 10 aren't used. But top 50 wins etc have an RPI component to it. When they say top 50 or 100 they mean in the RPI.

Let's hope they do not go by the "look" test! Maybe if they went by the "smell" test we could get in! No, we stink pretty bad too.

Montana State and Texas Southern have costed us 10 spots in the RPI. How many times does this need to be said.

The RPI is easily gamed and the committee knows that.

Okay let's put Princeton in they have an RPI of 41 and the Bonnies played crappy roads games in the nonconference pumped up their RPI.

This metric is just part of the process.

I heard New Mexico was the highest, I believe it was 74, don't remember what year.