Oregon game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oregon game?

Are we still going to have 20 conference games plus an OOC game with the Big 10 or whomever, not even counting early season tournament games (usually at least 2 games)? I think it only makes sense if we reduce our in conference games.

I have actually been to Sioux Falls. The best thing I can say about it is that it is only 75 miles from Mitchell, SD, and "The Corn Palace." I suspect it is cold and dreary in the winter in Sioux Falls. As I recall, you reach it by flying to Sioux City, Iowa.

Last edited:
I have actually been to Sioux Falls. The best thing I can say about it is that it is only 75 miles from Mitchell, SD, and "The Corn Palace." I suspect it is cold and dreary in the winter in Sioux Falls. As I recall, you reach it by flying to Sioux City, Iowa.
Poor bastards. That must be terrible.

I enjoyed the visit last time I was there. Pretty area.

Lol. Anything beyond my property line isn't croc friendly these days. It's like the equivalent of flipping some folks off these days. Best be ready to throw down if you are flashing crocs at Dollar General.
Save the crocs for Walmart.

I'll just say if any of yall are hating on crocs while out there in your hey dude loafers...

Spider_Man_meme.jpg

I’ve been there as well. Actually, the falls are kind of pretty. Also have been to the Corn Palace, Wall Drug, and a few of those other SD pieces of Americana from bygone days.

I love The Badlands, but much of South Dakota is fairly uninteresting.

Red must think we’ll be good. Glad to see his confidence in what we have. He doesn’t want a losing record his first year, so he must think our guys can win these games. He already had a tough non-con handed to him and he’s not making it easier. He also thinks you need to start the season playing tough teams given the NET, so there’s a different philosophy now, and hopefully this helps us not start in a hole especially when the ACC is weak.

I’ve been there as well. Actually, the falls are kind of pretty. Also have been to the Corn Palace, Wall Drug, and a few of those other SD pieces of Americana from bygone days.

I love The Badlands, but much of South Dakota is fairly uninteresting.
I enjoyed South Dakota more than I expected when we went several years ago. We did Corn Palace, Wall Drug, Badlands, Mount Rushmore and a Passion Play.

If anyone has never been to this part of the country, an SU game would be a good excuse to go.

No idea why the location. Has to be a reason. HS tournament there around that time for a few guys we want to see maybe? Don't think the G-League team there would have anything to do with it.

Maybe Oregon to help with the Nike relationship?

Seems like a good boost for NET like someone else posted (UpstateSM maybe?).

No idea why the location. Has to be a reason. HS tournament there around that time for a few guys we want to see maybe? Don't think the G-League team there would have anything to do with it.

Maybe Oregon to help with the Nike relationship?

Seems like a good boost for NET like someone else posted (UpstateSM maybe?).

Could be a mix of all of those things..

I think its a great city.

South Dakota is basically two distinctly different places. The eastern half of the state is the most desolate place ever. The western half is beautiful with the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore. We just finished Deadwood on HBO (15 years too late) so I'd like to see that town at some point.

Also, a "South Dakota Martini" is a beer with green olives in it. If you're going to this game and feeling extra fancy.

Last edited:
South Dakota is basically two distinctly different places. The western half of the state is the most desolate place ever. The eastern half is beautiful with the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore. We just finished Deadwood on HBO (15 years too late) so I'd like to see that town at some point.

Also, a "South Dakota Martini" is a beer with green olives in it. If you're going to this game and feeling extra fancy.
Not to get too geographical on you, but reverse that. Black Hills are in western SD.

And the Pine Ridge Reservation is the most depressing place in the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom