Class of 2024 - New Commit: Payton “Bear” Anderson (NY / CT: Brunswick), Midfield | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 New Commit: Payton “Bear” Anderson (NY / CT: Brunswick), Midfield

Need a subscription for this but thought it worth posting. Does anyone have a subscription to this? I am just curious.

I might be in the minority, but I think he will be an impact FR that does not start.

No, not for $120.
I have an iPhone. When I opened this article from it and switched to reader mode asap, I was able to read the whole thing.

He seems like a kid who is a day one starter. We've been lacking this type of size for awhile now.
Think he at the very least will crack the top 6 middies. He has a good deal of speed, but I think his dodging will look similar to Cole Kirst. Physical while also being quick for his size. Should be very hard for teams to not put a longpole on him. He has an insanely fast shot as well, and has done a better job of looking to pass in the footage I have seen this year. It will look different than it did with Stevens, but he should be able to draw slides on offense at a similar rate.

Think he at the very least will crack the top 6 middies. He has a good deal of speed, but I think his dodging will look similar to Cole Kirst. Physical while also being quick for his size. Should be very hard for teams to not put a longpole on him. He has an insanely fast shot as well, and has done a better job of looking to pass in the footage I have seen this year. It will look different than it did with Stevens, but he should be able to draw slides on offense at a similar rate.

He starts on attack for Brunswick; or at least did in the Prep Championship game against Lawrenceville.

Kirst is not who I see when watching him play. Anderson is much more fluid and athletic.

IMO, I see him staring at the lefty attack spot - but realize that depends on who's here and who isn't.

He starts on attack for Brunswick; or at least did in the Prep Championship game against Lawrenceville.

Kirst is not who I see when watching him play. Anderson is much more fluid and athletic.

IMO, I see him staring at the lefty attack spot - but realize that depends on who's here and who isn't.
I seem to remember that he was a middie before junior year and a starter at attack picked up an injury and he moved down. Don't know all the circumstances of him staying there through this year.

I seem to remember that he was a middie before junior year and a starter at attack picked up an injury and he moved down. Don't know all the circumstances of him staying there through this year.
You are correct. Alternated this year, with more time on attack versus being Middie only last year. Physical AF. Did or does have a right knee issue which he played through.

He's played both mid and attack. Unclear where he projects right now . My guess is he will be involved with the battle for that 3rd attack spot but a lot depends on what they want to do with Leo.

He's played both mid and attack. Unclear where he projects right now . My guess is he will be involved with the battle for that 3rd attack spot but a lot depends on what they want to do with Leo.

Agree 100% and Leo is my favorite player and I think the best offensive attackman on the team.

I love the way though that Anderson, with his size, can put his shoulder into defenseman and get topside on them. We’re really missing that type of presence down low.