LOL. This will be fun | Syracusefan.com

LOL. This will be fun

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Greg Swaim, a pretty solid guy, just tweeted;

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio

I'm told this morning by a conference source the 2012 #Big12 football schedule will be released within the month, and #WVU will be on it.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio

He also told me that the #Big12 taking #WVU and #TCU from the #BigEast "is just the beginning." #CardNation #Bearcats #Rutgers #USF #UConn

For those that don't read twitter, that does not mean the B12 will take all those BE teams but any more additions will likely come from that pool.

honestly, i never considered usf for the bevo8-12, but why not??

making the move there is the smart move for them.

if theres going to be 3 confs in fla, why let it be the SEC, the ACC and the bigleftovers??

my $$ is now on usf and lville to the bevo8-12.

Oh Lord

My money would be on Cincy and Ville. Make it happen.

Hell, I've lost track. After WVU nd TCU, how many openings do they have to get to 14 or 16? If it is 2, I agree I think it will be Ville and Cincy. If that happens, I still think UConn and rutgers go ACC and USF is screwed. Unless ND goes ACC and then one of UConn or rutgers are also screwed. Of course, in the end all the conferences could get to 14 or 16 and rutgers could end up in the Big10, akin to the NFL drafts Mr. Irrelevant.

Louisville has been rumored for some time. I guess it depends on how many schools they want - 14 or 16, as to who else they bring along. UConn seems unlikely to me and may end up being ahead of the game anyway if the ACC snags ND and wants another school to get to 16.

good thing the BE commish sent those flowers to the B12 commish last year - lol, what a loser.

(and yes, I know that B12 commish got fired)

So the question is does the ACC draw up a schedule with SU and Pitt included?

I am sure the ACC will have contingency schedules - one with SU and Pitt, one without. But I would think they would both have to include the same number of conference games - getting a bit late to add OOC games.

I think everyone has pretty much accepted that SU/Pitt will not be playing in the ACC next season.

Greg Swaim, a pretty solid guy, just tweeted;

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio

I'm told this morning by a conference source the 2012 #Big12 football schedule will be released within the month, and #WVU will be on it.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio

He also told me that the #Big12 taking #WVU and #TCU from the #BigEast "is just the beginning." #CardNation #Bearcats #Rutgers #USF #UConn

For those that don't read twitter, that does not mean the B12 will take all those BE teams but any more additions will likely come from that pool.

I thought I read that two schedules will be prepared - one with and one without WVU.

I remember reading an article that said the schedule would be drawn up in January and that SU and Pitt would be part of the meetings. I don't know if SU and Pitt will be included like the B12 plans to do, but it would not surprise me to see them release a schedule without them but have a plan B schedule in their back pockets just in case.

I'm getting the feeling that WVU will be out this year as they and the B12 want, but that SU and Pitt will stay 1 more year instead of 2 like the BE threatens because the B12 will add a few more BE teams the following year and it will dissolve.

I thought I read that two schedules will be prepared - one with and one without WVU.

Don't know, I never saw that.

if the bevo takes any 2, the ACC should take rutgers and sit on 15.

bevo: usf and lville
ACC: rut

put the squeeze on nd, with that cowschool in storz, that will drag down academics, as a fall back option for 16.

we know the b1g will never take storz, so let them hang in the breeze.

if nd goes b1g, rut is already in the ACC and the b1g will have to look elsewhere. so adding storz would make sense for a nice 8x8 split.

Oh Lord

I think everyone has pretty much accepted that SU/Pitt will not be playing in the ACC next season.

I haven't. Based on what info? I was under the impression that we would be BE at least until the new teams arrive which would be 2013.

Hell, I've lost track. After WVU nd TCU, how many openings do they have to get to 14 or 16? If it is 2, I agree I think it will be Ville and Cincy. If that happens, I still think UConn and rutgers go ACC and USF is screwed. Unless ND goes ACC and then one of UConn or rutgers are also screwed. Of course, in the end all the conferences could get to 14 or 16 and rutgers could end up in the Big10, akin to the NFL drafts Mr. Irrelevant.

I don't think it's 14 or 16, at least not near term. Pac 12 is at 12, B1G is at 12. I think the Big 12 just wants to be at 12 because, well, that's their name. I know it drives some of those southwesterners crazy that their league name minus 2 is their # of teams.

I think they add 2, make sure they're on TV on Conf Championship week. And I think those 2 will be Cincy, Louisville. Gives a nice little regional 3some for WVU.

Big East will probably respond by being the goodwill humanitarians of college football that they are and giving Villanova a shot. And then adding Army to complete the Service Academy portion of the league, or Tulane to continue the big city tour.

I don't think it's 14 or 16, at least not near term. Pac 12 is at 12, B1G is at 12. I think the Big 12 just wants to be at 12 because, well, that's their name. I know it drives some of those southwesterners crazy that their league name minus 2 is their # of teams.

I think they add 2, make sure they're on TV on Conf Championship week. And I think those 2 will be Cincy, Louisville. Gives a nice little regional 3some for WVU.

Big East will probably respond by being the goodwill humanitarians of college football that they are and giving Villanova a shot. And then adding Army to complete the Service Academy portion of the league, or Tulane to continue the big city tour.
I think you are right. No matter who leaves the Big East will carry on. To be honest, I don't know what teams they are adding to take the place of us, Pitt and WVU, but I'm sure there are still others out there would jump aboard.

4. West Virginia will play in the Big 12.
Unless a Rhode Island court grants the Big East's request for a preliminary injunction that will force West Virginia to stay in the league for the next school year -- a long shot, because judges typically don't like to force anyone to do anything before hearing the case -- expect the Mountaineers to join the Big 12 on July 1. Big East officials have said they aren't seeking a buyout and this isn't about money, but everyone has a number. The parties will rattle their sabers publically and negotiate privately, and when they agree upon a number, the deal will get done. Neither side wants either of the dueling cases -- West Virginia filed suit in West Virginia, the Big East in Rhode Island -- to go to trial. As a reporter, I'm obviously rooting for a trial, because lots of interesting nuggets come out when parties air their dirty laundry in the public square. I probably won't get my wish, because cooler heads usually prevail. These cases will be headed to trial until they aren't, at which point West Virginia will be merrily on its way to the Big 12 and Pittsburgh and Syracuse will try to slip out the back door to the ACC.

UC & Louisville make sense, especially if you add WVU to that mix. UC and UL have a long history and have been in the same conference through many changes; Missouri Valley, Metro, Great Midwest, C-USA and Big East. I'd hope for each school that they stick together. Its good to have a neighborhood rival.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio
The #BigEast isn't allowing them to go...they're just going, and will worry about lawsuit when it comes later.

I don't mind WV doing all the heavy lifting. :)

UC & Louisville make sense, especially if you add WVU to that mix. UC and UL have a long history and have been in the same conference through many changes; Missouri Valley, Metro, Great Midwest, C-USA and Big East. I'd hope for each school that they stick together. Its good to have a neighborhood rival.
I agree it makes the most sense for the Big 12 to take UC and UL, especially as there has already been expressed, withing the B12, a desire for geographic contiguity of schools in that conference. Without UC and UL, WVU is floating out there all by itself.

if the bevo takes any 2, the ACC should take rutgers and sit on 15.

bevo: usf and lville
ACC: rut

put the squeeze on nd, with that cowschool in storz, that will drag down academics, as a fall back option for 16.

we know the b1g will never take storz, so let them hang in the breeze.

if nd goes b1g, rut is already in the ACC and the b1g will have to look elsewhere. so adding storz would make sense for a nice 8x8 split.

Oh Lord

Why would the ACC take Rutgers? They can't pull their own weight money-wise and the ACC isn't a charity. They already have 14 and no one has gone or will go to 16 so it makes no sense.

With TCU and WVU, that makes 10.

The B1G is printing money right now, no reason to rock that boat with someone like Rutgers.

Why would the ACC take Rutgers?

to help speed up the demise of the bmw and show/keep a spot for ND and get NYC territory (i didnt say market you freaks), and if need be still have a spot for storz for a nice north/south split.

pretty simple stuff.

Oh Lord