Class of 2025 - LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24)

I recall something saying Fran Brown wanted $25k as the starting point for each scholarship player. At 85 guys, that alone is $2,125,000 before throwing in any above that for top flight guys (McCord, etc.).

I recall something saying Fran Brown wanted $25k as the starting point for each scholarship player. At 85 guys, that alone is $2,125,000 before throwing in any above that for top flight guys (McCord, etc.).
Day at OSU said it would take $15 million to keep his roster together.

OSU though is trying to build the Yankee roster.

Can you compete into the final 12 with much less will be the question..

Some teams are always going to be spending beyond the results.

The JB basket Ball tries to raise 1 million.

Maybe the Fran Ball can raise Nil money by doing some of the same thing?

Fran raised $5m right out of the gate. Each kid on the team gets 25k minimum. Bigger deals are kept more quiet obv

The entire landscape will be different in 2-3 years. We need to support SU football to make sure we are relevant and have a seat at the big boy table in year 4. Seems as if football has some NIL horses right now.
This this this. People don't understand that putting the resources into football right now is what will allow basketball to be uplifted in the long run.

This this this. People don't understand that putting the resources into football right now is what will allow basketball to be uplifted in the long run.
When they finally break down into 70 or 80 teams we need to be in that group, and football will get us there.

The question is will be 70-80. Look at the nfl of 32 teams as the model they really want to make the most money.

Would the NFL players want the TV money split another 40-50 ways?

You could then have the soccer model kick in. 40/40/40 and relegation every 2-3 yrs in and out of those levels of some number of teams.

I don’t understand. I thought the money was to pay kids for doing TV commercials and autograph signings and such.
And visiting sick kids in hospitals...You're so adorable...

Size, speed, offer list. He's a four-star minimum, I think five-star.
Agreed! Five star + . I rarely come back to an evaluation I've done, but in Antoine's case I am going to say that I believe he is the best recruit we have had since Floyd and I hope he goes out and shows us what he's capable of doing. He is, IMO, a very special recruit and player. I hope he shows us that he is.

Agreed! Five star + . I rarely come back to an evaluation I've done, but in Antoine's case I am going to say that I believe he is the best recruit we have had since Floyd and I hope he goes out and shows us what he's capable of doing. He is, IMO, a very special recruit and player. I hope he shows us that he is.
Floyd? Floyd Little?

Come on man.

He looks really special to me as well, LT-like. Hope we are right!

Fran raised $5m right out of the gate. Each kid on the team gets 25k minimum. Bigger deals are kept more quiet obv
I realize Fran is a unicorn, but his success puts the basketball NIL situation in whiskey tango foxtrot territory.

Can we keep this to Deslauriers? Sick of the NIL talk and now we're talking basketball?
1714572023896.jpeg

I realize Fran is a unicorn, but his success puts the basketball NIL situation in whiskey tango foxtrot territory.
I think the complete opposite. People will finally realize how much money is needed to get the players “we” think we deserve. Football. Basketball. Doesn’t matter. Need money these days and it relies on the people that can help change the landscape along with success of both teams

I think the complete opposite. People will finally realize how much money is needed to get the players “we” think we deserve. Football. Basketball. Doesn’t matter. Need money these days and it relies on the people that can help change the landscape along with success of both teams
I think the original poster meant something different.

The way football has been successful with NIL fundraising, it -- in theory -- should be easier to do the same with basketball, given we have had more success and we have more alumni who follow the sport (that's reality).

The fact that we aren't close is worrisome and very disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom