I'm Delighted with Red's Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I'm Delighted with Red's Portal

i said i hadn't seen him. never heard of him. therefore can't judge him. he's your SHAQ.

I just gave you his highlight clip. Any thoughts, or just trash talk?
I never said he's Shaq. You just did.

I just gave you his highlight clip. Any thoughts, or just trash talk?
I never said he's Shaq. You just did.
i'm just going by the bio. maliq was 1st team ACC defense . eddie won the stephane pelle

Last edited:
i'm just going by the bio. maliq was 1st team ACC defense . eddie won the stephane pelle

They have different skill sets and different body types. Any thoughts on Lampkin?
Kind of like a poor man's Arinze.

I'm thinking we're done in terms of getting anyone that'll be a true impact player. The remaining options (that we're tied to) are few and not gamebreakers. Which is to say that what we see on 5/7 is the team as it will be next season. Can't say this offseason has been a stellar success in the portal, but it's been alright.

Probably looking at a high seed/bubble team next year, which is better than we've been as of late.

I'm thinking we're done in terms of getting anyone that'll be a true impact player. The remaining options (that we're tied to) are few and not gamebreakers. Which is to say that what we see on 5/7 is the team as it will be next season. Can't say this offseason has been a stellar success in the portal, but it's been alright.

Probably looking at a high seed/bubble team next year, which is better than we've been as of late.
If this team buys into defense the season will be fine. They will be able to score, but unlike last year's team they need to buy into rebounding and defense.
The best Syracuse teams played defense, rebounded, and pushed the ball up the floor.

You’re more optimistic than me. With such big question marks at PG, the most important position on the floor, I have real concerns this team is any better than last year.

I actually consider Richmond a bigger fail than Leffew. Regardless of how the door opened, it opened. It’s an NIL failure and a staff failure. Unless he’s getting $2 million to go to SJU, there’s no excuse for losing a bidding war for a player of this caliber. And the staff should be able to outpitch Pitino at this stage. I’ve heard more than once that no one will outwork Red on the recruiting trail. Welp.

Last edited:
We have an 18-21 win roster. It’s Groundhog Day around here I tell ya.
Think that's about right. And with one of four guys being an injury away that can lower that to 14-16 wins.

Still racking my brain how we won 20 last year.

I actually consider this a bigger fail than Leffew. Regardless of how the door opened, it opened. It’s an NIL failure and a staff failure. Unless he’s getting $2 million to go to SJU, there’s no excuse for losing a bidding war for a player of this caliber. And the staff should be able to outpitch Pitino at this stage. I’ve heard more than once that no one will outwork Red on the recruiting trail. Welp.
Sounds like the new coach has not been able to deliver on his old player or any new guys. Hope he is a genius with X’s and O’s

I actually consider this a bigger fail than Leffew. Regardless of how the door opened, it opened. It’s an NIL failure and a staff failure. Unless he’s getting $2 million to go to SJU, there’s no excuse for losing a bidding war for a player of this caliber. And the staff should be able to outpitch Pitino at this stage. I’ve heard more than once that no one will outwork Red on the recruiting trail. Welp.
100% A guy you're familiar with, you know the asking price, you know it will be more. He is easily the biggest need on the team who shores up almost all of our issues. Guard defense, pass first, rebounding. How do you not get a point guard who would probably be your best or towards the top in rebounding?

There are 10 Leffew and I'll never hear his name again. It'll be embarrassing if Pitino makes a run.

If we had money to attempt getting Kadary, we have money to go after another guard. Why would we stop just because we missed on Kadary? This only sucks if we are tapping out. If we are tapping out on the portal entirely then this is a complete and total failure, but we are probably not done.

If we had money to attempt getting Kadary, we have money to go after another guard. Why would we stop just because we missed on Kadary? This only sucks if we are tapping out. If we are tapping out on the portal entirely then this is a complete and total failure, but we are probably not done.
Are there many guards left that are capable of starting?

Red is in a tough spot. He inherited a very stale program. Stale programs don’t get a boost in NIL money unless a guy like Fran Brown comes into the picture, and there are very few of those out there in any sport. Red will have to get this program moving forward and back into the tourney without the cash to bring in high end transfers like Kadary.

do we have 2 or 3 ships left? Need to use them all

Red is in a tough spot. He inherited a very stale program. Stale programs don’t get a boost in NIL money unless a guy like Fran Brown comes into the picture, and there are very few of those out there in any sport. Red will have to get this program moving forward and back into the tourney without the cash to bring in high end transfers like Kadary.
He inherited a stale program and really hasn't done much to get people excited. His Gmac replacement hasn't moved the needle. We don't seem to have a great recruiter on staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom