Here is what to look for... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Here is what to look for...

Someone called me yesterday and said you know, most of us know when you give information, it isn't your opinion. You aren't the one saying that Carlos is a real top pt guard. You are repeating what you have been told. But still, people don't get that.
That makes sense, because your opinion was Carlos was a bad option

As far as this years recruiting, we are not done. We are looking for guys that will play for this team this year.
A guard and a forward. They might come from a few different places. I will let you guy's figure that out.
And as for next year's group, I would expect us to get two real good players in the next couple of months.
You already know their names. I don't know if we will go for a 3 person class. Might. But the days of 4 might
be behind us because if those kids don't play, they don't wait around and are on the next bus out of town. Oh, and there was a guard in the portal that some of us might have wanted. We passed on him. For a reason that I don't know.
Are you saying we should get the popcorn ready or leave it in the box?

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth….you would get your Street & Smiths in October and they would list 20 superstar rising high school seniors and a few of the schools in which they had interest. Then in April, kids would sign their LOI and the Post Standard / Herald Journal would write a brief piece about the players. It was so simple and so quaint. And so less stressful. Biggest worry was trying to understand why Maryland could attract such superstar talent out of New York City. Such a head scratching mystery.

How would explicitly naming players reveal sources?
It's pretty obvious. If I put out the names, the person that told me would know that I was repeating exactly what he told me. Plus, I might put them in a tough spot. Just not worth the risk for me. I keep getting info because I am sensitive to that. If I go too far, I might kill the golden goose.

Well then, maybe i will grab some popcorn after all

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

It's pretty obvious. If I put out the names, the person that told me would know that I was repeating exactly what he told me. Plus, I might put them in a tough spot. Just not worth the risk for me. I keep getting info because I am sensitive to that. If I go too far, I might kill the golden goose.
So the person who gave you this info knows you are sharing it on a fan forum, and is OK as long as names aren't mentioned?

Why would they care if names are mentioned, if nobody knows who you are, Dasher, or who your source is?

I'm not trying to be an -- I hardly think this question is ridiculous

So the person who gave you this info knows you are sharing it on a fan forum, and is OK as long as names aren't mentioned?

Why would they care if names are mentioned, if nobody knows who you are, Dasher, or who your source is?

Maybe learn to appreciate the nugget and be patient. Clearly you don’t get it and it’s not worth anyone’s time to re educate on a matter that’s been clarified over and over again.

it would signal to the potential players involved that their relationship with the program may not be confidential etc

players want privacy
Based on a post on a fan message board? I mean that seems a little dramatic

Maybe learn to appreciate the nugget and be patient. Clearly you don’t get it and it’s not worth anyone’s time to re educate on a matter that’s been clarified over and over again.
Ok well I haven't had the matter clarified, thank you very much for chiming in

What is you major malfunction private pile?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom