2025 Transfer Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

Syracuse could have used some LSM help for next year (with the qualifier I don’t know where Mike Grace will play).

Blake was once committed to Cuse, right? I guess they need a Dyson Williams replacement

Would have been Class of 2020.

Same class as Hiltz and Birtwistle.

Would have been Class of 2020.

Same class as Hiltz and Birtwistle.

Yup, he was one of those like half dozen guys they lost to decommits including Hay, Parlette, Zawada and a couple of other guys. Interestingly the most accomplished of that group is probably between Zawada and Blake both who end up at Duke.

Yup, he was one of those like half dozen guys they lost to decommits including Hay, Parlette, Zawada and a couple of other guys. Interestingly the most accomplished of that group is probably between Zawada and Blake both who end up at Duke.
Parlette has put together a nice career at ssdm for ND. Would have definitely seen some time for us at that position if he did not flip. Same with Marquez White at Princeton. Pretty much all of those guys had a big impact except for Hay.

Spencer Wirtheim to UNC as well... I would've thought 'Cuse would be a good landing spot for him.

Parlette has put together a nice career at ssdm for ND. Would have definitely seen some time for us at that position if he did not flip. Same with Marquez White at Princeton. Pretty much all of those guys had a big impact except for Hay.

Parlette and White are nice players but I don't know that I'd use the term "big impact" to describe either of them. Zawada and Blake certainly would have seen major time here but Hiltz would be at Denver. Blake or Zawada in their last year here would have been interesting but it didn't work out. Will be interesting to see if SU pursues a portal attackmen.

Parlette and White are nice players but I don't know that I'd use the term "big impact" to describe either of them. Zawada and Blake certainly would have seen major time here but Hiltz would be at Denver. Blake or Zawada in their last year here would have been interesting but it didn't work out. Will be interesting to see if SU pursues a portal attackmen.
I would agree on White, especially since the Princeton D is not all that, but cracking the defense at ND is no small feat, and Parlette has seen time there for three seasons now. Blake has only started to put it together later in his career, but maaan what could have been with a Zawada Spallina Hiltz attack line. We have not found that perfect answer for a righty dodging attack these last few seasons. He would have been a key piece of the puzzle.

Spencer Wirtheim to UNC as well... I would've thought 'Cuse would be a good landing spot for him.

Where is this being reported? Just curious, seeing it over at fanlax as well. UNC has to be desperate for middies. Surprised this came out before Cornell's season ended.

Would think Pat Hackler from Yale needs to be Syracuse's focus right know. Depending on how the coaching staff feels about the goalie position next year (given that Gianforcaro is the top player in the portal right now), goalie would be one to watch for as well. Jimmy McCool is a former five star, but goalie can be tough to predict into the future.

Attackman would be interesting for sure. I don't see one in there now that I think would be a good fit for SU. That said, the season isn't over yet, so lots could happen before next spring.

Wirtheim is an interesting player, UNC's midfield has been so bad this year they likely put a good amount of NIL out there to bring in the top level guys or who they felt could mesh in best. Not sure if SU pursued him at all. If English comes back for his last year there's no opening to start and you still have Rho and Birtwistle pushing for time along with McCarthy and Kellogg and that's before including any incoming frosh.

Where is this being reported? Just curious, seeing it over at fanlax as well. UNC has to be desperate for middies. Surprised this came out before Cornell's season ended.

Would think Pat Hackler from Yale needs to be Syracuse's focus right know. Depending on how the coaching staff feels about the goalie position next year (given that Gianforcaro is the top player in the portal right now), goalie would be one to watch for as well. Jimmy McCool is a former five star, but goalie can be tough to predict into the future.

Attackman would be interesting for sure. I don't see one in there now that I think would be a good fit for SU. That said, the season isn't over yet, so lots could happen before next spring.
I agree that Cuse needs to bring Hackler home! I really really like McCool and think he is the heir apparent. Something about him just screams (imo) the best option once Mark graduates!

dont know if this is where the info originates but wirtheim is following UNC's business school on linkedin

this was early in the season but last i heard hackler had about 6 teams seriously after him...def a guy that coaches like. versatile and a team captain

I have heard SU is in on Hackler big time but he's going to be highly sought after to say the least. Stevens having a very good year should help SU's pitch and the fact that he's from Skaneateles won't hurt either. However, all the big guns are likely in play here so it's likely to be a tough recruitment.

for hackler, would watch...

cuse
virginia
hop
notre dame
maryland

cuse might be the favorites

he's got a sister at villanova but i doubt he'd go there

was told gianforcaro's decision has been made but after last year when everyone knew where the princeton guys were headed, they are keeping it under lock and key so as to not distract from their season

for hackler, would watch...

cuse
virginia
hop
notre dame
maryland

cuse might be the favorites

he's got a sister at villanova but i doubt he'd go there

was told gianforcaro's decision has been made but after last year when everyone knew where the princeton guys were headed, they are keeping it under lock and key so as to not distract from their season

Gianforcaro seems like Hop or ND, don't really see him landing anywhere outside those two at this point.

I'd give Cuse a slight edge on Hackler but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up at any of the other schools you listed.

Was told that the UNC staff already told the team that several transfers were already committed.

Was told that the UNC staff already told the team that several transfers were already committed.

Has to make you chuckle a bit. They went big for transfers two years ago, it didn't work out, they backed off transfers this past year, it didn't work out, now they are seemingly back on the transfer wagon. Given all their struggles they still can attract top end talent. I have a feeling Gianforcaro might be headed there, though I don't know why I feel that way.

Has to make you chuckle a bit. They went big for transfers two years ago, it didn't work out, they backed off transfers this past year, it didn't work out, now they are seemingly back on the transfer wagon. Given all their struggles they still can attract top end talent. I have a feeling Gianforcaro might be headed there, though I don't know why I feel that way.

Yeah I have a feeling he could be heading there too, which honestly I'd be happier with then him going to Hopkins or ND. I don't know who Hopkins has currently in line next year but I believe ND has a very highly recruited goalie that has sat the bench for 2 years that I assume is next in line. As far as UNC they've certainly never had an issue getting top end talent there, and I wonder if Petro recruited Gianforcaro coming out of high school? Could be a connection there.

Yeah I have a feeling he could be heading there too, which honestly I'd be happier with then him going to Hopkins or ND. I don't know who Hopkins has currently in line next year but I believe ND has a very highly recruited goalie that has sat the bench for 2 years that I assume is next in line. As far as UNC they've certainly never had an issue getting top end talent there, and I wonder if Petro recruited Gianforcaro coming out of high school? Could be a connection there.

Yes, ND has Ricciardelli who was the #1 goalie recruit, and #4 overall in the '22 class (McCool was #2 and #20 overall). Might be in the same boat as SU - have someone waiting in the wings, but would you rather take a "sure thing"? Both teams should be in the thick of things next year, it's a lot of pressure to put on a goalie getting their first real game action. I'm sure both coaching staffs have a decent idea if their current guy is up for it at this point.

Hopkins doesn't have a goalie on the roster with the pedigree of what Syracuse and Notre Dame have, they have one goalie coming in next year who is a four star, but not ranked in IL's power rankings. It feels like they will be on the look out for a transfer for sure (Conor Theriualt from Brown is also in the portal).

Gianforcaro played high school ball at Culver and SU has turned themselves into a "Culver Finishing School", with Alex Simmons, Jake Stevens and Sam English. Pat March has connections to Princeton and Culver, but Gianforcaro wouldn't have overlapped with March at Princeton. Not sure what his connections to Petro might be, but I'm sure all the big schools were after him as a high schooler, he was an Under Armor All American.

I wouldn't love him joining a conference rival, but at this point UNC seems least positioned to challenge for a title next year, of all the obvious choices.

you have a good feeling

Wirtheim is an interesting player, UNC's midfield has been so bad this year they likely put a good amount of NIL out there to bring in the top level guys or who they felt could mesh in best. Not sure if SU pursued him at all. If English comes back for his last year there's no opening to start and you still have Rho and Birtwistle pushing for time along with McCarthy and Kellogg and that's before including any incoming frosh.

I don’t think we ever see Kellogg as a top two line mid. He doesn’t move well enough. It would be nice to get that shot on the field occasionally though.

you have a good feeling

Ha, not usually. That would be quite a choice. ACC should once again be quite the battle next year. Another poster on fanlax (albeit it's their first ever post) is saying he's headed to Carolina.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom