2025 Transfer Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

Is Krieg gone or does he have a covid year left? It's always hard to tell.

Also, amazing to me that someone would transfer into a team that lost 5/6 down the stretch and has made the playoffs once in the past 7 seasons. I realize they're a powerhouse program with incredible facilities, Nike $$$ and a great campus with excellent academics, but something just seems to be going on with Breschi (and Petro).

They lost to High Point to start the 0-5 skid. I think if Cuse lost to LeMoyne fans would burn the Dome to the ground;)
The locals don’t care, either. There’s little coverage by the media, baseball gets way more coverage in the RDU triangle area. In all my years here (25 years), other than winning the championship, I can’t recall any coverage

Wow.

Yup a lot of rumblings the last day and half that a much larger number then expected have entered including some bigger names we would recognize. I hope the SU player I heard rumblings on early in the year is not one of them. Cuse will likely have a large number of options if they wanna add a couple of guys.

Yup a lot of rumblings the last day and half that a much larger number then expected have entered including some bigger names we would recognize. I hope the SU player I heard rumblings on early in the year is not one of them. Cuse will likely have a large number of options if they wanna add a couple of guys.
Gotta imagine we’ll have a fair amount jump too right ?

I second that the player you heard rumblings about early in the year is not one of them. Believe it was mentioned it was a top 6 guy and well i have narrowed it down in my pessimistic brain to two men that would crush me if either left.
Heading to Towson for first Cuse game in person in over 20 years so I will put my optimism with the Denver game. Then worry about next year when I have to.
Go Cuse

I second that the player you heard rumblings about early in the year is not one of them. Believe it was mentioned it was a top 6 guy and well i have narrowed it down in my pessimistic brain to two men that would crush me if either left.
Heading to Towson for first Cuse game in person in over 20 years so I will put my optimism with the Denver game. Then worry about next year when I have to.
Go Cuse

I haven't heard anything additional so I am hopeful it was just some bad rumors or cooler heads prevailed.

Big week for Cuse not only for the quarters but recruiting for the portal. NIL is becoming more and more prevalent in lax. I highly recommend everyone contact Orange United and make a donation earmarked for lax. The more money available the better chance of brining in the high end portal guys and keeping our own stars.

I haven't heard anything additional so I am hopeful it was just some bad rumors or cooler heads prevailed.

Big week for Cuse not only for the quarters but recruiting for the portal. NIL is becoming more and more prevalent in lax. I highly recommend everyone contact Orange United and make a donation earmarked for lax. The more money available the better chance of brining in the high end portal guys and keeping our own stars.
The one I heard early in the season has a GF at Cuse now. Hopefully that helps with his decision.

Have they received word that Hiltz will be returning? Usually, a senior walking means they are heading out the door but always a chance he decides to come back.

Have they received word that Hiltz will be returning? Usually, a senior walking means they are heading out the door but always a chance he decides to come back.

I don't think that's true. I think guys like to walk with their classmates. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Just for conversations sake, I'd prioritize the following positions -

2. Offensive "weapon" - prior to this weekend I would have said dodging attackman, but it seems as though if need be, Michael Leo could make the transition to attack next year. I still think someone needs to come in and replace Jake Stevens' dodging. That could be a player already on the roster - perhaps Wyatt Hottle moves back to offense or Tucker Kellogg makes a sophomore leap. Matt McIntee has been putting up good numbers for East Islip and will be a power 100 recruit. I'm already assuming that Payton Anderson grabs some sort of top six position on offense, but it's clear that SU needs one more guy who can take his defender to the rack.

Offense has the potential to be very good next year, but it feels like adding one more top level guy could really take things to the next level. I like Trey Deere, but I'm hoping he can hold on for one more year and replace Owen Hiltz when the Canadian graduates. We've seen how the offense can struggle when the third attackman on the field has a hard time dodging.
With Deere next year, I really hope we keep the option open to run him out there at midfield. With the depth at middie this year I get it, but we have Thomson and Birtwistle playing as middies and they have a lot of the same skills and style of play that Deere has. Often they are inverting or setting picks for Spallina and others behind the cage. Deere can do a lot out of the two man game just like Thomson can. We have got a TON of looks off of pick plays out of the midfield. There is no reason why he could not fit in there doing the same type of stuff. Could be a tall order to get him on the attack line if Hiltz returns. But beating out some of the competition at midfield could be more realistic.

With Leo and Anderson in the fold, I also feel like we do not need a dodging attack, or any attack, in the portal. I get bringing in Mule with us not having full trust in the younger guys, but those young guns are getting older. We have Deere if we want to go the offball route and Leo and Anderson if we want a dodger. That is enough. Maybe go for a reliable middie, especially if they would be good on the wing, but that is all we need for O.

isn’t chrisshawn hunter a dmid? Believe he has decent speed n size wouldn’t he fit as a dmid? Also thought we got a solid dmid recruit coming next year also or is it 2 years?

isn’t chrisshawn hunter a dmid? Believe he has decent speed n size wouldn’t he fit as a dmid? Also thought we got a solid dmid recruit coming next year also or is it 2 years?

Your thinking of Kittleburger, he's a 2025 so 2 years.

Hunter likely profiles as a D-mid. Not sure what his development looks like, good skill but heard he was pretty raw when it came to elite level comp.

With Deere next year, I really hope we keep the option open to run him out there at midfield. With the depth at middie this year I get it, but we have Thomson and Birtwistle playing as middies and they have a lot of the same skills and style of play that Deere has. Often they are inverting or setting picks for Spallina and others behind the cage. Deere can do a lot out of the two man game just like Thomson can. We have got a TON of looks off of pick plays out of the midfield. There is no reason why he could not fit in there doing the same type of stuff. Could be a tall order to get him on the attack line if Hiltz returns. But beating out some of the competition at midfield could be more realistic.

With Leo and Anderson in the fold, I also feel like we do not need a dodging attack, or any attack, in the portal. I get bringing in Mule with us not having full trust in the younger guys, but those young guns are getting older. We have Deere if we want to go the offball route and Leo and Anderson if we want a dodger. That is enough. Maybe go for a reliable middie, especially if they would be good on the wing, but that is all we need for O.

I don't think Deere is likely to see time at middie. From what I know SU sees him as a pure attackmen though that calculus could change. The problem lies in what Powellfan noted, he's really a replacement for Hiltz and he's (thankfully) got another year. I think it's unlikely SU rolls with Joey, Hiltz and Deere next year at attack. You get stuck with the same problem you have this seson, lack of doding at attack. I think it's much more likely SU rolls with Leo or Peyton Anderson at that third attack spot which would take some of the pressure of off Joey. Maybe they try and play Deere on the 2nd midline but I don't know how successful that would be. It's unfortunate SU didn't redshirt him this year.

I suspect Deere will be on the man up unit at least but he really profiles as a replacement for Hiltz after he graduates.

Post COVID senior days have been scary events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom