2024 MLB Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 MLB Season

As I said, I think managers use too many relievers. But I've seen games where they bring a guy in and it was obvious after one at bat that a guy was a liability. But the rule says the manager can't do anything about it until he faces two more guys. They wouldn't have thought to make the rule if managers were waiting for three batters to change them before that.
I am a sample size guy so I would never declare that a pitcher “doesn’t have it” after one batter.

They aren't drawing fans but do you really want a 14,000 seat stadium? I guess they aren't planning to make the playoffs.

They aren't drawing fans but do you really want a 14,000 seat stadium? I guess they aren't planning to make the playoffs.
Just horrible.

Word just got out on the results of Spencer Strider’s elbow MRI. It shows damage to the ligament. Not certain yet but it appears he is headed for his second Tommy John surgery. I predict he will have at last 3 before his career ends.

The focus on throwing hard has taken another top pitcher out. So many good pitchers are hurt right now. Maybe it is better to stay healthy and throw 5 mph less?

Word just got out on the results of Spencer Strider’s elbow MRI. It shows damage to the ligament. Not certain yet but it appears he is headed for his second Tommy John surgery. I predict he will have at last 3 before his career ends.

The focus on throwing hard has taken another top pitcher out. So many good pitchers are hurt right now. Maybe it is better to stay healthy and throw 5 mph less?
Just devastating news for my Braves. There's some guys in AAA who have had some sporadic success in the majors, but obviously nobody who can replace one of the top pitchers in baseball.

Increase the rosters by 1 and have starters pitch every 6 days?

In more MLB news, let’s talk about what Nike did to MLB uniforms this season.

Ugh.

Andrew Chafin has worn almost every shade and style across 11 seasons in the major leagues. The lefty has pitched in Cubbie pinstripes and the Kelly green of the A’s. He has covered his curls with the Tigers’ D, a timeless classic, and the Brewers’ ball-in-glove, a modern marvel. With the Diamondbacks alone, Chafin donned black, white, red, yellow, gray, dark gray and even faux-snakeskin accents.

Through it all, the uniform felt worthy of baseball at the highest level, he said this week.

“You picked that up and it was like, Son of a bitch, this is something,” Chafin said.

Then he gestured to his new Nike jersey in the Tigers’ clubhouse at Citi Field. “But now it’s just like, Eh, it’s just another jersey. There’s no special feel to it. You pick it up and you should feel like you’re putting on a freaking crown and a big-ass fluffy cape, you know what I mean?”

Chafin all but sighed his conclusion, one shared by many players and fans across the majors.

“They’re not bad jerseys,” he said. “Just, in my opinion, they’re not big-leaguejerseys.”

The start of the season has exposed even more design flaws in the new MLBuniforms, which seem to be an attempt to answer a question nobody asked: What if we changed the most forward-facing element of the industry in the name of “performance”?

Now we know. In the past, the players’ names were clear and their sweat marks hidden. With the MLB-approved, Nike-designed, Fanatics-produced 2024 uniforms, it’s the opposite. The letters on the back are smaller, and the gray jerseys — which often don’t match the gray pants — allow sweat to seep through. Or pour through, as was the case when the Yankees played indoors in Houston last weekend. Images of Aaron Judge, Carlos Rodón and others in drenched jerseys circulated widely on social media.

Yeah, if anything, it has added strategy. Matching a lefty against a lefty is easy. Deciding if it is prudent to have that lefty also face two righties is a much tougher decision.
I always thought the AL managers had a bit of a harder decision. In the NL, the batting order could determine if the pitcher got another batter.

I was asking if you are proposing a rule, of course there is not a rule.

Just a suggestion.

Can't be any worse than the Little League Extra Innings rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom