2023-24 NBA Season | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I feel pretty similar to you on Davis. I will say he was awesome during the title run (28/10 on 57/38/82) but it was the bubble and people just arent going to count it as much as a normal season, for better or worse.

And it definitely seems like at this point he is never going to take the next step up to like top level guy. He has made 4 first team all NBAs, which is more than I would've guessed, but none since 2020 and he's had one third place MVP finish and one 5th.

Thinking about Nash some more, I really cant believe he won back to back MVPs.

I think that bubble chip won't be worth as much unless he wins more titles. For instance, Duncan won his first title in that super shortened '99 season, but then won four more and always won more than 50 games. So people will give him (and I think they should) the benefit of the doubt with that 1999 title.

I don't think Ant gets the benefit of the doubt for that title yet. I think he has to do more in his career for that title to mean more, if that makes sense.

Also, when you evaluate the best bigs from the 2010s onward, it's basically Embiid, Giannis, Jokic and AD. But I think most people would say that AD never really hit the heights of the other three.

I think that bubble chip won't be worth as much unless he wins more titles. For instance, Duncan won his first title in that super shortened '99 season, but then won four more and always won more than 50 games. So people will give him (and I think they should) the benefit of the doubt with that 1999 title.

I don't think Ant gets the benefit of the doubt for that title yet. I think he has to do more in his career for that title to mean more, if that makes sense.

Also, when you evaluate the best bigs from the 2010s onward, it's basically Embiid, Giannis, Jokic and AD. But I think most people would say that AD never really hit the heights of the other three.
Yeah, and I'll add, Embiid actually sucks, so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom