2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Wonder if Red called him?
Very interesting. Lot of people said he wouldn’t leave the West Coast. So he would go to Kentucky but potentially not his Alma Mater to be an assistant? IMO opinion, Hart would have been a massive hire. This is a prime example of why Englestsd was a little underwhelming.

Last edited:
I like Gottlieb (ducks). I know he has certain opinions that are poorly based or just dumb but don't we all.

He is close with Miles Simon and if he gets him to be an assistant than that may be a coup. If his brother (currently SDSU women’s associate head coach) comes with him too then that is a stronger staff than most P5.

Last edited:
I like Gottlieb (ducks). I know he has certain opinions that are poorly based or just dumb but don't we all.

He is close with Miles Simon and if he gets him to be an assistant than that may be a coup. If his brother (currently SDSU head coach) comes with him too then that is a stronger staff than most P5.
The fact that he is going to keep doing his radio show is bizarre.

Lampkin or no Lampkin.
Iron Man Question GIF

I have always wanted Doug to get a head coaching job, so he can see for himself how difficult a job it is. I do think he's pretty fair for the most part (an opinion I didn't have 10 years ago). He knows his stuff, but coaching is way more than X's and O's and he is going to find that out very soon.

Yeah if GB wants to hire Gottlieb, thats cool, I guess.

But allowing him to keep the (I assume) daily radio show spewing hot sports takes while coaching? You are not a serious athletic dept.
Exactly. I would not be happy if a school I cheered for agreed to that circus.