2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

I want them to win their first 5, get him super cocky and then get crushed for the next 2 years
weekend-at-bernies-ill-allow-it.gif

I have always wanted Doug to get a head coaching job, so he can see for himself how difficult a job it is. I do think he's pretty fair for the most part (an opinion I didn't have 10 years ago). He knows his stuff, but coaching is way more than X's and O's and he is going to find that out very soon.
Agreed. Not just coaching, but head coaching. I know the game. Played it. provided expert analysis from my living room couch for years. I even think I was a pretty good assistant coach. Always ready with a suggestion, saw the flow of the game, had a play idea, and probably most importantly I watched the players and could read when they needed a break. Then I became a head coach. Suddenly the game sped up 10 times. All those great ideas I had as an assistant didn't have time to develop in my head before I had to make a decision. It's hard to describe but its kind of like the difference between reading about how to do something and actually doing it. Being a head coach is a lot more than knowing the game.