New unis? Here we go… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New unis? Here we go…

The midriff mesh...

resize
100% this - all the better if no one else follows suit. Although some of these big boys Fran is recruiting might make midrif unis out of regular shirts

I remember watching that interview. I believe this guy is misinterpreting what Fran said. IIRC Dan Lanning and Oregon somehow came up and Fran was basically joking that Nike should hook them up, but I believe he meant nil and facilities wise.

I remember watching that interview. I believe this guy is misinterpreting what Fran said. IIRC Dan Lanning and Oregon somehow came up and Fran was basically joking that Nike should hook them up, but I believe he meant nil and facilities wise.
Agreed, this thread and the person on X who originally tweeted about this is reading tea leaves. Fran would either keep the unis as is or bring them back to the 90s style.

As others have posted, I would also be all for going back to the 90's era uniform. No uniform iteration that we've had since said Syracuse like those threads did. Those were so uniquely Cuse.

The 1st uniform thread of the Fran Brown Era.

Last new uniform reveal was 2019.

Just lose the blue pants. And the blue helmet.
I get it if you don’t like the blue, but for the record the new uniforms do not have a blue helmet.

I like our unis. I don’t understand the obsession with the McNabb era unis; they look like Solvay practice jerseys.
…And what’s wrong with that!! I might still have my mesh Solvay practice jersey from the early 80s!

But I agree, I really like our current unis and changing them them makes me wanna twitch in fear..

I’d be fine keeping the same uniforms… I would just love to see the small tweak of taking the block S off the helmet, even if it’s just the Orange one (keep the other color helmets with the S on, make the Orange helmet unique/throwback)

I am not a fan of the block S on out helmets now. If you are going to put anything on the helmet use the script SYRACUSE that is on basketball unis. Also get rid of the name on the collar. Best unis ever were the 3d# McNabb era ones.

I am not a fan of the block S on out helmets now. If you are going to put anything on the helmet use the script SYRACUSE that is on basketball unis. Also get rid of the name on the collar. Best unis ever were the 3d# McNabb era ones.
Script Syracuse looks great on the front of a basketball jersey but would look really messy on a smaller helmet.

Moving aside for a moment that none of this is actually happening, Fran likes the block S and talks about it often. Granted he uses it as a word for the program itself, but it wouldn't make sense for him to move away from a logo he speaks so highly about to the players as a motivating factor.

Another thing that's interesting is, if memory serves, Dino had said in the past that uniform decisions were above him. I have no idea whether that's true or not but that decision may be above the HC. Though I can't imagine Fran being told no.

This. I came to this thread to say the same thing. It was pretty clear he wasn't talking about uniforms. But we haven't had a commit for a few days, so we may as well talk about uniforms to pass the time. I say keep what we have. I would like a a basketball script Syracuse on the helmet like OrangeAuburn's avatar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom