Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

Okay, I think I said, I don't think we are a real player for Evens. I believe that is our choice. I don't think the coaches are all that impressed with him. Now, I really want two more players. I fear the coaches are happy with what we have. If something pops up that they like, they will make a play. I think we need a bit more. Although right now, I think considering everything, we are better than where we were at the end of last year. But that isn't good enough in my opinion. I do think we will add and if that seems like double talk, I am sorry. I think both statements are true. They are happy with what they have and they would like to add if they feel the fit is just right. Also, a player that left, might come back. Not Copeland.
Thanks much. There's some good news if as it seems it's fair to infer from that that the confidence level in westry is relatively high.

Okay, I think I said, I don't think we are a real player for Evens. I believe that is our choice. I don't think the coaches are all that impressed with him. Now, I really want two more players. I fear the coaches are happy with what we have. If something pops up that they like, they will make a play. I think we need a bit more. Although right now, I think considering everything, we are better than where we were at the end of last year. But that isn't good enough in my opinion. I do think we will add and if that seems like double talk, I am sorry. I think both statements are true. They are happy with what they have and they would like to add if they feel the fit is just right. Also, a player that left, might come back. Not Copeland.
It blows my mind that with all the talent up for grabs that any coach in this era could ever feel happy with their roster.

So many paths to level up the talent.

I don't know of anyone better. I read your comment to refer to "apologists" as those who don't offer every critical take possible at every turn. Dasher adds not only intel on players but also at times intel on efforts by the staff, his view of and thoughts on plan, etc. He's not an apologist by any definition but if you think board is full of them he'd be included. That's why I found it curious.

To be clear, I think anyone with a pulse knows the program is down and it seems at best cuse is slightly above average with NIL. So they are not buying their way back to prominence like some schools may be able to do. Yet the "non apologists" bitch and whine at every turn as if there's an easy solution if only AA knew what he was doing. And if cuse gets outbid and/or a kid decides to go elsewhere the world has spun off its axis and red has no clue. It's too stupid to comment on again so I won't but just go heavy on the ingore feature (not you I'm not sure I've seen any such comments from you until this silly one)
Appreciate your lengthy response. In no way was I criticizing Dasher!! Sorry for not being more clear. Dasher is one of the stalwarts of this board:) I was genuinely asking for his objective and informed viewpoint on where SU might be headed with regard to adding a few more transfers who could have a definite positive impact on next season's performance. I acknowledge that I tend toward being too critical of the program at times, which of course means that I become frustrated by opinions that to me seem sugar-coated and orange-colored. That being said, I don't usually "go off" like this. I (like many, I suppose) am just one of those fans who has grown increasingly frustrated with the course of the program during the past decade-plus. And because of that, I occasionally act out like the spoiled child who is no longer getting his own way. Apologies...

I think we will still add. Just that they really liike their team. And Jake is right. They really like Carlos.

Claxton has done well in his short time there and just look at the high major transfers as a result. You can’t knock the coaching/system he is coming from plus being a NYC kid. I want more guys too but I can certainly see why they would be high on him.

It blows my mind that with all the talent up for grabs that any coach in this era could ever feel happy with their roster.

So many paths to level up the talent.

Especially considering all the injuries last season. Improve the roster AND insure that you have enough bodies.
If Red leaves open scholarships, I don't imagine that he will last.

Appreciate your lengthy response. In no way was I criticizing Dasher!! Sorry for not being more clear. Dasher is one of the stalwarts of this board:) I was genuinely asking for his objective and informed viewpoint on where SU might be headed with regard to adding a few more transfers who could have a definite positive impact on next season's performance. I acknowledge that I tend toward being too critical of the program at times, which of course means that I become frustrated by opinions that to me seem sugar-coated and orange-colored. That being said, I don't usually "go off" like this. I (like many, I suppose) am just one of those fans who has grown increasingly frustrated with the course of the program during the past decade-plus. And because of that, I occasionally act out like the spoiled child who is no longer getting his own way. Apologies...
I didn't read your initial message in any negative way.

FRANKIE
1714525129684.jpeg

Not every dude that goes in the portal is landing somewhere for big dollars tho.
This is where patience comes in... Guys who today would turn up their nose at being promised a position at Syracuse as starter making $500k will be left without a team and suddenly very happy to play for a chance to compete for a starting role making only $100k.

You see it every year in free agency in the pros.

I think we will still add. Just that they really liike their team. And Jake is right. They really like Carlos.
That's really good to hear. I hope their assessment is correct. I just don't see it in Carlos, but I also don't have the experience and basketball knowledge that Red has either. So, nothing more that I can do as a fan than to cross my fingers and hope they get it right.

Yeah…no. Bell gonna get 30 plus at the SF. This is crazy
Agree to disagree. Bell is an extremely below average defender, an extremely below average rebounder and an extremely below average passer. He also doesn't put the ball on the floor.

Evans' game looks much more well rounded to my eye based on tape. Don't think Bell would've sniffed conference POY last year.. even in that conference. Bell will likely be in the starting lineup to start the season but I think Evans gets more minutes than Bell (if he ends up transferring to Cuse).

Clearly I'm in the minority here, just my opinion, but we shall see.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. Bell is an extremely below average defender, an extremely below average rebounder and an extremely below average passer. He also doesn't put the ball on the floor.

Evans' game looks much more well rounded to my eye based on tape. Don't think Bell would've sniffed conference POY last year.. even in that conference. Bell will likely be in the starting lineup to start the season but I think Evans gets more minutes than Bell (if he ends up transferring to Cuse).

Clearly I'm in the minority here, just my opinion, but we shall see.
Question is why you think Evans and Bell would be competing for time…they won’t

This is where patience comes in... Guys who today would turn up their nose at being promised a position at Syracuse as starter making $500k will be left without a team and suddenly very happy to play for a chance to compete for a starting role making only $100k.

You see it every year in free agency in the pros.
Gotta wonder who are the people advising these young guys. What is their experience, qualifications? In the (other) pros, they have the advantage of being able to react to changing markets by adjusting length of contracts, adding opt-out conditions, etc. A pitcher who didn’t get the 5 years, 150 million he thinks he is worth can ‘settle’ for a 2-year deal at a higher AAV. This year-to-year college nonsense is just havoc.

So he [Carlos] was signed as a starter?? I suspected that might be the case.
If that’s the case either Red is an expert at finding a gem or he doesn’t have the resources to bring in an acc caliber starting point guard.

If the staff is happy with what they have I hope the make me look like an absolute fool, because rolling with they have in the fold now just seems silly. (Unless that’s all they can afford).

Transfer portal and NIL are relatively new, but it doesn’t feel like Syracuse is adapting to it very quickly. Seems like we lose more than we gain.

Last edited:
I’ve only read the last few pages but given the last insights from Dasher I suspect Autry is looking for role players without the ego to play off the bench sharing most of their mins. He doesn’t care about 20 points a game or 40% shooting from 3 or someone that wont pick up the phone unless they’re guaranteed the starting spot at the 1 next year.

He’ll take athletic tough guys who want to play as a team without the drama. Playing hard defense and sharing time across a handful of guards. As some have said a lot more of these guys may show up when they’re not finding the home they hoped in the portal.

This is the opposite of what way too many people want in this thread who continue to whine on and on about offensive stat lines and the latest hot transfer in the portal that will take us to the promised land.

Given the injuries last year and having to babysit all the personalities in that locker room it makes sense. It’s all about depth and roles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom