2024 PLL Season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PLL Season

4. Will Mark (G - Syracuse)

Chayse Ierlan being the second goalie selected over Mark was certainly surprising to some. Mark is a battle-tested goalie out of the ACC who is capable of taking a game over when he gets hot. The problem for Mark will be getting an opportunity at a super competitive position league-wide, but my guess is he will get one based on his talent.

Also be on the watch for:
Mason Kohn (FO - Syracuse)
Saam Olexo (LSM - Syracuse)
Matt Wright (LSM - Syracuse)

Pretty ideal landing spots for both Mark and Olexo.

Krebs has looked okay for the Whips and Bernlohr is nearing retirement - he's going to be able to compete for a spot at the two-deep there this year and be in a good position to fight for a starting spot within the next year or two, should he prove up to the task.

Outlaws have added some poles but Eli Salama was just placed on the PUP list. Olexo's versatility should help - they don't have much depth at actual defense and his competition at LSM (aside from Piseno) will be Hettinger (who hasn't gotten many chances to prove himself yet) and Grill (who plays with heart but whose ceiling may have been reached).

Whipsnakes moved Scott Cole to the holdout list and have signed Christian Mule for camp

"Official" Training Camp Roster were released today by the teams. No major surprises for the Cuse grads in the league.

California Redwoods
Cole Kirst - M
Alex Simmons - A

Denver Outlaws
Saam Olexo - LSM

Maryland Whipsnakes
Tucker Dordevic - M
Brett Kennedy - LSM
Will Mark - G
Christian Mule - A

New York Atlas
Drake Porter - G
Jake Stevens - M

Curry, Rehfuss both on the holdout list for the Atlas. Dearth has gone unsigned. Trimboli, Salcido haven't been rostered in two years. Solomon saw some action for the Archers in the Championship Series (had 14 points) but isn't signed for the regular season with any club.

Kirst is looking like he'll be a leader on the Redwoods midfield. Simmons listed at attack for them but I imagine he'll probably run out of the box. The NLL rookie of the year may surprise some folks on the field - his ability to distribute puts him at an advantage with that roster.

Olexo has a good shot with the Outlaws, especially with Salama out hurt. I think both he and Piseno have more upside than Hettinger and Grill (the other LSM they have listed), although they have more familiarity with the coaches and the team dynamic. Tough to predict how much a role being a veteran/glue guy has when coaches make roster decisions after camp.

Dordevic is a lock for the Whips and Mark will definitely compete for a goalie spot. Even if he doesn't displace Krebs or Bernlohr in camp, I'd expect to see him make the 25-man roster and be groomed for a top two role down the road. It's nice to see Kennedy listed as a pure LSM. He'll have some competition with the team veteran Squires and draft pick Zupicich, but I imagine having a whole camp with the team may do wonders for his acclimation and ability to see the field. Mule is a longshot, not even considering what's been said elsewhere on this forum. He's likely a camp body but they've got plenty of other options at attack with the ability to distribute. I have a tough time seeing him making the 25-man roster after camp.

Stevens is also a near lock for the Atlas. Interesting to note that he's listed as a pure middie for them, but their SSDM corps is pretty thin and they've got a lot of pure offensive guys to sort through at that position at camp. He should understandably be all over the wings and playing both ways. Porter will be battling with Troutner for the #2 goalie spot. His save percentage was sub-50 last year but that defense was truly awful. I'm not sure if it's improved much, but time will tell. The Atlas is a big "what if" for Syracuse fans - a lot of potential for Orange in the pros with Porter, Stevens, the released Dearth, and holdout lists Curry and Rehfuss had they all been on the field together. Just didn't pan out that way.

the unable to travel list is that like a gov control thing or those players just can’t make travel this week cause something mundane like child’s bday party or something? What exactly is unable to travel?

also was hoping curry n rehfus would eventually come to deal from hold out list. Also what’s up with dearth? One if not top 5 dmid how isn’t he on team? Work related or something?

the unable to travel list is that like a gov control thing or those players just can’t make travel this week cause something mundane like child’s bday party or something? What exactly is unable to travel?

also was hoping curry n rehfus would eventually come to deal from hold out list. Also what’s up with dearth? One if not top 5 dmid how isn’t he on team? Work related or something?
Maybe unable to travel is work or family related.

I read now holdout list can mean few things so nvm on that.

Also notice a lot of rookies didn’t make the cut. So much talent just in player pool cause not enoug roster spots. Need to get more teams involved have the players for it now work on the marketing or numbers let’s expand.

PUP is for any injury that is caused by something other than the PLL. So even an injury from the NLL will land a player there. If a player has to miss extended time from a PLL injury, they go to the injured reserve (IR).

Doredevic out this week with a foot injury. He hasn't been out on the IR so hopefully it's not a long term injury and he'll be back soon.

Most players on the Unable to Travel List are Canadian rookies who have to wait for their work visas to clear.

Sad to see both Curry and Rehfuss (still) on the holdout list. I imagine it'd be tough for either of them to come back and get minutes this year without time at camp and the depth at offense for the Atlas.

Not sure what the deal with Dearth is. Wasn't a fan of how he was removed from the lineup last season (much to the Atlas's detriment). Thought for sure someone would pick him up. Whipsnakes would be my top choice for him right now but again, I have no inside scoop. They just released Grant Haus and are rolling into the season with just 3 SSDM, but I imagine they'll use some of their middies as two way guys.