2023-24 NBA Season | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Nah, just Lebrons scapegoat. He didn’t sign Cam Reddish, trade for DLo, sign Wood and take garbage in the draft.
Greatest of all time?

for wrecking coaching careers, sure.

Lol nobody I can think of thought Ham did a good job this year so how is him getting fired Bron’s fault? Team blogs and fans complained about him and players took subtle and not so subtle digs at him all season.

Who are his former head coaches careers he wrecked?

Lol nobody I can think of thought Ham did a good job this year so how is him getting fired Bron’s fault? Team blogs and fans complained about him and players took subtle and not so subtle digs at him all season.

And either way, coaches have been scapegoated for as long as there have been coaches. To act like this is unique to Lebron is a big stretch

In all seriousness what do you really believe the Laker ceiling was this year?

In all seriousness what do you really believe the Laker ceiling was this year?

You said Ham was LeBron’s scapegoat. I don’t see how it’s Bron’s fault Ham got fired and whether the Lakers go further with a different coach or not is a completely different conversation.

But to answer your question, I think everyone’s ceiling this year is probably what round do you play Denver. Lakers were pretty competitive and lost 2 of the 4 at the buzzer(ish) on the road but I think it’s a big jump to say a different coach wins that series.

You said Ham was LeBron’s scapegoat. I don’t see how it’s Bron’s fault Ham got fired and whether the Lakers go further with a different coach or not is a completely different conversation.

But to answer your question, I think everyone’s ceiling this year is probably what round do you play Denver. Lakers were pretty competitive and lost 2 of the 4 at the buzzer(ish) on the road but I think it’s a big jump to say a different coach wins that series.

Also if the team didnt have a super high ceiling (generally agree) I don't see how that is a good argument for bringing the coach back. Sounds like maybe they need to change some things up

Wolves taking it to the Nuggs. Very early, but impressive start. They're definitely the aggressors.

I’m trolling a bit……I’m not necessarily sold Denver beats Minnesota or OKC. I think they’re the favorite, but something’s off compared to last year.

I’m trolling a bit……I’m not necessarily sold Denver beats Minnesota or OKC. I think they’re the favorite, but something’s off compared to last year.
Minnesota arguably won the game today in the first 3 minutes or the first quarter. Denver just couldn't recover.

Minnesota arguably won the game today in the first 3 minutes or the first quarter. Denver just couldn't recover.
I thought momentum changed when Reid banked in that 3 midway through the 4th. He scored 10 points in a row for Minnesota after that. Denver just has zero bench. They are a bit like the Knicks in that regard.

Are you saying that sarcastically? It was a 3 point game with 3:31 left in the game. Great win for Minnesota today but this series is far from over.

Weren't they ahead at halftime?
Sports fans, I'm not literally saying that the Wolves jumped out to a lead that in the ebb and flow of the game they maintained for 48 minutes.

I'm saying the Wolves (and Edwards) immediately set a tone and Denver didn't look ready.

Against the Lakers, they were ready.

I don't know if they're ready for the Wolves. The Wolves have some edge.

Also if the team didnt have a super high ceiling (generally agree) I don't see how that is a good argument for bringing the coach back. Sounds like maybe they need to change some things up
But is that coaching or team composition, which is the GM’s responsibility?

Sports fans, I'm not literally saying that the Wolves jumped out to a lead that in the ebb and flow of the game they maintained for 48 minutes.

I'm saying the Wolves (and Edwards) immediately set a tone and Denver didn't look ready.

Against the Lakers, they were ready.

I don't know if they're ready for the Wolves. The Wolves have some edge.
Well you literally said they just couldn't recover which they did, but neither here nor there. Minnesota is going to be a problem for Denver.

Well you literally said they just couldn't recover which they did, but neither here nor there. Minnesota is going to be a problem for Denver.
Yes, I submit that they did not recover.

The Wolves wounded them right after the tip.

Denver getting the lead back a little doesn't mean the wound healed. There's a meta game in a playoff series and a snapshot in time of the scoreboard doesn't tell the whole story, otherwise the Lakers would have moved on. But Denver aced the meta game last round.

The Wolves won game one, and they're winning the meta game. Denver could be in a lot of trouble.

Agree that Denver was better last year. I think Minnesota will be the toughest matchup for them with all their size to match the huge Denver frontline and Edwards at the level he’s been at.

I think OKC is too young/small right now to withstand a series of dealing with grown men like Gordon/Joker or Rudy/KAT inside.

Minn and Den will be tough matchups for Boston too with their size that negates some of the Boston strength of defensive versatility on the perimeter.

Day2 what do you want the Clips to do?

Read that they floated out running it back.
They really don’t have another choice. Maybe a less taxing schedule will help keep everyone healthy for a change. The window is pretty much closed, although they looked unbeatable in December/January, before they started wearing down.

But is that coaching or team composition, which is the GM’s responsibility?

Definitely more the latter. But if Ham is more of a passenger reliant on having a good team around him (which most coaches are, of course) then it doesnt seem like its a big deal to fire the coach.

I guess I usually look at it less like "what did this coach do to get fired?" and more "what did he do to keep the job?" I think most coaches are pretty generic is my point

Definitely more the latter. But if Ham is more of a passenger reliant on having a good team around him (which most coaches are, of course) then it doesnt seem like its a big deal to fire the coach.

I guess I usually look at it less like "what did this coach do to get fired?" and more "what did he do to keep the job?" I think most coaches are pretty generic is my point
Is there a coach in the league who can overcome the bad decisions of the James/Pelinka management team?

They really don’t have another choice. Maybe a less taxing schedule will help keep everyone healthy for a change. The window is pretty much closed, although they looked unbeatable in December/January, before they started wearing down.
Owners have to agree to a shorter regular season, which they'll never do.

Is there a coach in the league who can overcome the bad decisions of the James/Pelinka management team?

It's a fair question. Maybe not? Does that mean you cant fire the coach no matter what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom