Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

That is the reason I wouldn't want him to come here, the fans right or wrong would expect too much of him.
He isn't his father, but that's what people would expect.
He may not be his father, but he’s not Bronny James either. He’s a very good shooter and overall scorer that’s averaging 19 and 6 this year so far in the EYBL and continues to get better.

That is the reason I wouldn't want him to come here, the fans right or wrong would expect too much of him.
He isn't his father, but that's what people would expect.
It seems like everyone thinks Melo is going to pick up the NIL tab too. I hope so but I wouldn't assume it.

Sure, Melo has been a great supporter of the program in every way. He loves Syracuse as a former player, his memories of his time here and as a fan, but that’s supporting the program. Endorsing the program on the absolute highest level is sending your son to play for the new coach whose replacing a legend. I see those two different things.
Not sure if your situation, but I have twin boys graduating HS.

One is competing at a high level in sport and is headed to an ACC School, the other playing club lacrosse/squash.

They pick their own school. Are they future pro athletes? 99.99% no. But they are each 18 and as much as I want them to be babies, my job is to help make them the right decision for them.

I hope, as a Dad, Melo doesn’t force his kid to go anywhere versus prevent him from making a bad decision. And saying that makes me sense I am getting nicer as I age and I don’t like that….

One is competing at a high level in sport and is headed to an ACC School, the other playing club lacrosse/squash.

They pick their own school. Are they future pro athletes? 99.99% no. But they are each 18 and as much as I want them to be babies, my job is to help make them the right decision for them.

I hope, as a Dad, Melo doesn’t force his kid to go anywhere versus prevent him from making a bad decision. And saying that makes me sense I am getting nicer as I age and I don’t like that….

I was never saying he was forcing him to do anything. I am a parent of three I get it. I believe you are only making my point in the post above. "Its about helping them make the right decision for them:" Kiyan has multiple good options. I think Melo, as a responsible father, (which he seems to be) will do what you suggested. I'm sure they have talked about the pressure if being Melo's son at any school and SU particularly and the advantages of that. Which is why if he comes to SU its a great sign for the program right after starting basically a new chapter.

I feel like fans are smart enough not to expect him to be a once in a generation player like his Dad. Did USC fans expect that of Bronny?
Silent Bob Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Wow, congrats man. Time sure flies.