Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

Unless the staff feels comfortable putting JJ at the point, I don’t see how this kid starts.

Bell is starting at the 3.
JJ is starting at a guard.

That said, I’m all for finding better players who can help. I think this kid is a good player who could help.

That's kind of where I'm at.

And maybe that's what is happening here. The kid wants to go somewhere and start, at a P5. He's good enough, but maybe isn't finding those opportunities where he's a guaranteed starter.
I agree those are our starters. Where I’m a bit less comfortable is saying those two are starters on a team headed back to the tourney. They have that potential but need a solid step forward from both this season before I’m super comfortable in thinking that 30-ish minutes/game from each of those guys is an ideal recipe for us to be playing in March.

I would rather get a back up PG…even if it’s a duplication of skills with Carlos.

We are one twisted ankle from having a real problem.

I’ll trust the staff, but I don’t see how Evans is a fit.
At first I didn't get your take, largely because I forgot that Evans isn't really a PG. I would say I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I agree. They weren't at all impressed just a few weeks ago. I understand that things change and I have no idea how good this kid is but our needs haven't changed.
Weren't at all impressed, or didn't think it was the right fit?

And at this point, beggers can't be choosers... get the best players possible and hope they mesh and figure it out.

As we've seen, point guard is important - but the Knicks backup point guard is Josh Hart. Alec Burks brought the ball up a lot yesterday. You can get through it if you have a motion offense and people share the ball.

This kid is a stud. So anyone who thinks he’s an after thought is nuts. He’ll start day one. Get him on campus and it’s a lock

Yeah. I don't see it.

I would rather get a back up PG…even if it’s a duplication of skills with Carlos.

We are one twisted ankle from having a real problem.

I’ll trust the staff, but I don’t see how Evans is a fit.

I honestly think that Cuffe and JJ have enough skills so that Carlos shouldn't have to play 30 minutes a game. And if Westry is actually healthy, then we have a Copeland-like player at SF/2G.

Weren't at all impressed, or didn't think it was the right fit?

And at this point, beggers can't be choosers... get the best players possible and hope they mesh and figure it out.

As we've seen, point guard is important - but the Knicks backup point guard is Josh Hart. Alec Burks brought the ball up a lot yesterday. You can get through it if you have a motion offense and people share the ball.
And have NBA skill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom