Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

I think their fans are just making assumptions that because they have blank checks and need him that they can just automatically buy him.

I mean, UK has a 60 year history of doing just that, so it's not really a bad assumption by their fans. [Not commenting on the Kadary situation specifically, just that UK has been buying players forever].

Is Mahaney going to walk if Yukon gets Kadary? I doubt he left SMC to play off the ball and/or come off the bench.
isnt it too late for committed players to walk?

waiting until after the portal closes gives the free agents a bit of leverage, no?

and gives programs the chance to stack rosters...

what would mahaney's options really be if kadary came? sit out a season

it would catch up to coachs that do that eventually but few consequences short term

waiting until after the portal closes gives the free agents a bit of leverage, no?

it would catch up to coachs that do that eventually but few consequences short term
It's a free for all until you're enrolled.

I mean, UK has a 60 year history of doing just that, so it's not really a bad assumption by their fans. [Not commenting on the Kadary situation specifically, just that UK has been buying players forever].
I hear your point but it's a different world now. Was never an actual open market until "legal" NIL.

I think it’s a good question. I wonder what options if any in the future, they might give players who commit from the transfer portal before it closes when that school might over recruit players adding them late, even after the portal closes? Wonder if players might start waiting till well after the portal closes before committing, entering the portal at the last minute to know a target team’s composition better to know their standing before committing? It could even get weirder since there’s no deadline for players nor colleges to decide.

some chatter that Oklahoma is a real player here. Be weird if their backcourt next year was Kadary and Goodine.
bob barry jr april GIF

some chatter that Oklahoma is a real player here. Be weird if their backcourt next year was Kadary and Goodine.
Goodine's stat's will take a major dip in the SEC. He doesn't look fast enough to me.

Yup

So far seems quiet about Kadary on their board and they are expecting they will have Diarra start plus they have a freshman guard coming in at the point too… will be curious how they approach it if they do.

Uconn has never been and won't be in on Kadary.

Interesting… they’ve got a full backcourt but still kind of surprised they wouldn’t make a run.. from afar that is.

Is Mahaney going to walk if Yukon gets Kadary? I doubt he left SMC to play off the ball and/or come off the bench.
Mahaney is a 2. They had a euro kid who played pg at St. Mary’s. Don’t think kadary would affect him much

No roster spots. Have to leave one open for Karaban. I also am not sure Kadary fits Hurleys system.

Yeah not a natural fit that’s for certain - on either side of the ball.

Hope we hear that he’s visiting Cuse.

If that happens, I would assume his commitment to Cuse is a formality. I wouldn’t be shocked if it is Cuse that the commitment could come without a visit. He’s very familiar with Syracuse, the dome, our facilities, the head coach, and one of our assistants.

Uconn has never been and won't be in on Kadary.

Seems St John’s is or has got a commitment from another PG same with Kentucky. Who is our serious competition? Oklahoma and his past experience at Syracuse (assume it wasn’t the best experience)

Seems St John’s is or has got a commitment from another PG same with Kentucky. Who is our serious competition? Oklahoma and his past experience at Syracuse (assume it wasn’t the best experience)
All I'll say is at this point in his recruitment there aren't that many teams seriously involved. Still think St. Johns out in front as of today. The visit to Kentucky was fake news that twitter ran with. Wouldn't consider Kentucky a contender right now.

All I'll say is at this point in his recruitment there aren't that many team seriously involved. Still think St. Johns out in front as of today. The visit to Kentucky was fake news that twitter ran with. Wouldn't consider Kentucky a contender right now.
Do you consider SU as seriously involved?

Do you consider SU as seriously involved?
You Cuse followed by numbers guys really make it difficult for me to remember who is who sometimes. Cuse1055, Cuse1023, Cuse181 etc. Perhaps you guys should plan a weekend visit, possibly Kadary's first game back in orange, and have a steel cage match. The winner gets to keep the "Cuse" and doesn't have to have numbers that follow. I'll also toss in $100 (that I'm glad I didn't earmark for Leffew).