Class of 2020 - C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville

People around here seem to think that the coaches will sit these guys down and mention Dion Waiters and everything will be swell. One of the dumbest narratives around here and there are a lot of them.
Waiters and Triche are both on record that they would have transferred had they not had to sit out a year. Totally different era.

He wasn’t going to start. He wanted to start. People that think kids want to be a part of “depth” need to understand no kid in the world wants that. They want to start and play
I think that equation has been altered a bit by the NIL tidal wave.

Waiters and Triche are both on record that they would have transferred had they not had to sit out a year. Totally different era.
Which Triche? Because Howard didn't get much run as a frosh or as a soph

I assume Brandon. Howard Triche was not heavily recruited IIRC, and he patiently worked and waited for his turn to shine. Much like Laz Sims.

Brandon in an Interview with ED last year. I guess retroactively speaking this could be BS.

He wasn’t going to start. He wanted to start. People that think kids want to be a part of “depth” need to understand no kid in the world wants that. They want to start and play
2 ways to have elite depth are to be a top tier program/ brand that consistently sends players to the NBA or have a top NIL fund. Its easy to place the blame on kids "wanting to start" but unfortunately Syracuse has neither right now.

Last edited:
Brandon in an Interview with ED last year. I guess retroactively speaking this could be BS.

Yeah, it was Brandon in that Devo interview. Just rewatched that part of it, and Brandon was saying that he's not the type of player to respond well to being berated and yelled at by the coach. So, he would just kind of shut down after that would happen. And JB did that with him all the way until his senior year. When he was a senior, JB just told him to go out and do his thing, and he responded much better to that.

ok well its gonna be sad when hes not starting for lousiville...but im sure lousiville wont mind

2 ways to have elite depth are to be a top tier program/ brand that consistently sends players to the NBA or have a top NIL fund. Its easy to place the blame on kids "wanting to start" but unfortunately Syracuse has neither right now.
This is the problem. Hurley was able to rebuild UConn just before NIL and transfer rules went haywire. Now he has two NCs and a brand to sell again. Even if they don’t have the most NIL to entice players, he now has a winning culture to offer them instead. I’m afraid we might be a bit late and a dollar short. Cuse brand isn’t what it was. Unfortunately not in the slightest. Red is going to have to prove to be an incredible coach and a badass recruiter to get this thing turned around.

Start him, then sub in freeman after the first media timeout.

Cuse brand isn’t what it was. Unfortunately not in the slightest. Red is going to have to prove to be an incredible coach and a badass recruiter to get this thing turned around.
You’re unfortunately making a strong case for not hiring an unproven first year head coach just for the sake of continuity.

You’re unfortunately making a strong case for not hiring an unproven first year head coach just for the sake of continuity.
Not at all. Red proved to be a really good coach. With what he put up with (per others) he should have gotten coach of the year votes.
He is M. Brown changing his mind (tampering anyone) from a pretty great roster makeover.
So far, as HS recruiter, his first class is really good, on paper. There is scuttlebutt here of a 3-man super class next year.
Portal opportunities may be hindered by NIL.

Yeah, I think Brandon himself was speculating. That’s impossible to say in hindsight.

Based on nothing, but your opinion. Their board has him starting at the 5.
yeah i honestly have no clue, youre right

all I was going off is the other forwards seem pretty good

Another portal whiff for us. This feels like one we should have gotten. What a depressing offseason

You need to listen to Dean Francis. It’s not a whiff. Every team has a budget. He didn’t fit Syracuse’s with Lampkin in the fold. He is from Clyde and was a fan years ago, cool. He wanted $$$. More than SU can afford for a bench player. Also even in the transfer era be wary of guys who go to 4 schools.

You need to listen to Dean Francis. It’s not a whiff. Every team has a budget. He didn’t fit Syracuse’s with Lampkin in the fold. He is from Clyde and was a fan years ago, cool. He wanted $$$. More than SU can afford for a bench player. Also even in the transfer era be wary of guys who go to 4 schools.
Agreed. He would have been a good fit had Lampkin not come, but we got him to stick.

Why should we have gotten Noah? He was looking for a starting position and plenty of playing time. We had neither to offer.
Was thinking/hoping he’d be open to being a rotational F at his dream school

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom