2025 Transfer Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

A poster over at FanLax seems to have gotten their hands on the full list of transfer portal entrants. I didn't notice any new notable names, but someone with a more discerning eye might catch something I didn't. No Syracuse players listed. Will Hardy, who was a freshman at Jacksonville and is from Tully and the Syracuse-Hardy line, is in the portal.

And, for what it is worth, there are a lot of rumors swirling on the site that Owen Duffy from UNC might enter the portal. It might just be a game of telephone gone wrong, but there is a lot of smoke. Would certainly draw a lot of attention. One poster (with very few posts) said word in the Hopkins world is Duffy might be Homewood bound. No one backed that up, but felt worth sharing.

Been a lot of smoke on Duffy but apparently his father or someone denied it a few weeks ago. Will be fascinating to see if he actually enters the portal.

A poster over at FanLax seems to have gotten their hands on the full list of transfer portal entrants. I didn't notice any new notable names, but someone with a more discerning eye might catch something I didn't. No Syracuse players listed. Will Hardy, who was a freshman at Jacksonville and is from Tully and the Syracuse-Hardy line, is in the portal.

And, for what it is worth, there are a lot of rumors swirling on the site that Owen Duffy from UNC might enter the portal. It might just be a game of telephone gone wrong, but there is a lot of smoke. Would certainly draw a lot of attention. One poster (with very few posts) said word in the Hopkins world is Duffy might be Homewood bound. No one backed that up, but felt worth sharing.
not happening

Fanlax forums are where I like to go to get as little lacrosse information as possible presented in the douch-i-est way imaginable.

Wow just saw James Butler two way Middie from LIU is in the portal. He would be the perfect SSDM who can play wings and has O skills in transition. He started at SSDM his freshman along side of Jake Murphy at LIU. 2 yrs at SSDM then this yr more offense. He's a big boy like 6'2 and jacked. Great athlete who was a basketball star in HS on Long Island at Sachem HS. No doubt in my mind he could run with Carter Rice next yr as the top 2 shortys. He's a high level D 1 athlete. He went to LIU to stay close to home and I guess for his final yr he's transferring to a higher level.
He's big, fast, athletic and physical with good stick skills. He can replace Stevens on the wing and play SSDM. Not sure if he wants to play offense but i guarantee for a chance to play SSDM at Cuse he will do it. He will be a great pickup and like I said i guarantee he starts with Rice.
Hes got the whole package for a great shorty. I watched him play in summer league with Murphy and he had a tank top on he's was huge. I couldn't believe how jacked he was and yet still so fast and athletic. Hes got the size and ability trust me. I hope the coaches take a look at him. I'm sure Will Mark will vouche for him. He knows the kind of player he is.
I tgink he scored like 20 goals this yr. He played like a Stevens he was an O middie but still dropped back on D sometimes. Great on the wing. I'm not saying he's as good as Stevens but defensively yes I can say he's better for sure.

Last yr I wanted Eli Fisher from Wagner but he went to Ohio State and ended up an AA this yr. Would have been huge to have him right now in tournament. I got an eye for shortys cause I love the position. Hopefully SU takes a look at this kid Butler now. I like him just as much as I liked Eli Fisher. He would be the answer at SSDM next yr.

Fisher also got an invite to a PLL camp. Some ppl thought coming from Wagner he can't handle the jump but some kids belong at a higher level. Fisher was one and Butler is one too. Their D 1 high level athletes.. Cmonn coaches don't pass this one up like you guys did last yr with Fisher. lol

Is Krieg gone or does he have a covid year left? It's always hard to tell.

Also, amazing to me that someone would transfer into a team that lost 5/6 down the stretch and has made the playoffs once in the past 7 seasons. I realize they're a powerhouse program with incredible facilities, Nike $$$ and a great campus with excellent academics, but something just seems to be going on with Breschi (and Petro).

They lost to High Point to start the 0-5 skid. I think if Cuse lost to LeMoyne fans would burn the Dome to the ground;)

The locals don’t care, either. There’s little coverage by the media, baseball gets way more coverage in the RDU triangle area. In all my years here (25 years), other than winning the championship, I can’t recall any coverage
It's UNC. At the end of the day it's a Public Ivy, great alumni network, great facilities, incredible campus, etc. I doubt most of the players care if the N&O covers lacrosse.

Wow just saw James Butler two way Middie from LIU is in the portal. He would be the perfect SSDM who can play wings and has O skills in transition. He started at SSDM his freshman along side of Jake Murphy at LIU. 2 yrs at SSDM then this yr more offense. He's a big boy like 6'2 and jacked. Great athlete who was a basketball star in HS on Long Island at Sachem HS. No doubt in my mind he could run with Carter Rice next yr as the top 2 shortys. He's a high level D 1 athlete. He went to LIU to stay close to home and I guess for his final yr he's transferring to a higher level.
He's big, fast, athletic and physical with good stick skills. He can replace Stevens on the wing and play SSDM. Not sure if he wants to play offense but i guarantee for a chance to play SSDM at Cuse he will do it. He will be a great pickup and like I said i guarantee he starts with Rice.
Hes got the whole package for a great shorty. I watched him play in summer league with Murphy and he had a tank top on he's was huge. I couldn't believe how jacked he was and yet still so fast and athletic. Hes got the size and ability trust me. I hope the coaches take a look at him. I'm sure Will Mark will vouche for him. He knows the kind of player he is.
I tgink he scored like 20 goals this yr. He played like a Stevens he was an O middie but still dropped back on D sometimes. Great on the wing. I'm not saying he's as good as Stevens but defensively yes I can say he's better for sure.

Curious how he has eligibility left? Looks like he played 21, 22, 23, 24. Does he get a Covid year we don't know about? He played only 8 of LIU's 14 games this year, but that shouldn't qualify for a redshirt. Good size for sure, thanks for the heads up.

Curious how he has eligibility left? Looks like he played 21, 22, 23, 24. Does he get a Covid year we don't know about? He played only 8 of LIU's 14 games this year, but that shouldn't qualify for a redshirt. Good size for sure, thanks for the heads up.

Agreed, I don't see how he has any eligibility left at least for Lax, maybe he's in the portal for a fall sport but he's definitely out of eligibility for lax.

That is a plus, but a lot of times players will wait until the season is done. Syracuse and UMd are still playing.

Correct, just going off memory, but there were a few Denver players, I think one ND player, no Hop, UMD, Duke, UVA , Gtown. I assume all these programs will have a handful of players enter after their season ends. Fingers crossed no big name Syracuse players.

Grayum, Keegan and Brenfleck look like intriguing attack options, but all three are lefties. Syracuse should have a lot of lefties next year on offense (Hiltz, Leo, Anderson, Deere). Hackett and Patterson seem like players Syracuse should pursue, but who knows what's to come as the portal spins.

Grayum, Keegan and Brenfleck look like intriguing attack options, but all three are lefties. Syracuse should have a lot of lefties next year on offense (Hiltz, Leo, Anderson, Deere). Hackett and Patterson seem like players Syracuse should pursue, but who knows what's to come as the portal spins.

Keegans an intriguing option, wonder if he could run out of the box.

Yeah not sure how he has eligibility left but he's in the portal so he must. I can't remember if he got hurt and missed a lot of time any of those yrs but maybe he did. U would like him he has the size u like in a shorty and the foot speed to go with it.

Yeah not sure how he has eligibility left but he's in the portal so he must. I can't remember if he got hurt and missed a lot of time any of those yrs but maybe he did. U would like him he has the size u like in a shorty and the foot speed to go with it.

Not for lacrosse, he's out of lax eligibility.

Agreed, I don't see how he has any eligibility left at least for Lax, maybe he's in the portal for a fall sport but he's definitely out of eligibility for lax.
Would he be in the lax portal tho if he's playing basketball? I gotta make some calls and find out how he's in the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom