Class of 2025 - RB Kentrell Rinehart (OH) Offered [Announcing 7/1] | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 RB Kentrell Rinehart (OH) Offered [Announcing 7/1]

Just a little surprised we don't squeeze a visit in to possibly take a talent of his level in this age of portal and graduations always being able to make room at the inn. Particularly since we'll have 2 RBs leaving next year and bringing in 2 Bo and Malachi who seems to need some time...We seem to only have 4 RBs with 2xSo and Fr.. We seem to lack depth for next year at RB.
Pretty sure he's already been on campus.

Was looking forward to getting him and Galloway on campus. Two of the bigger names we have been recruiting. Surprised they wouldn’t be takes if that’s the case.

Kid looks like a solid prospect and while i'm sure the staff would like to have him there likely aren't enough spots as I assume we aren't bringing in 3 RB's in 2025. We need to use that spot at another position. We brought in 2 bigger backs in 6'-1" 215 lbs Yasin Willis and 5'-11" 205 lbs Jaden Hart in the 2024 recruiting class. And with two faster elusive backs in the 2025 class I think the staff decided that's it. In 2025 we have Malachi Coleman at 5'-10" and 185 lbs and Bo MacCormick at 6-'0" 190 lbs. I'm guessing in 2026 we bring in at least one bigger power back.
What's interesting is that Rinehart may be faster than the guys we have commitments from, at least in a straight line. I saw where he has run a 10.88 100m. I saw where one of our commits has run 10.99. I didn't see a time for the other. Of course, that's T&F speed and how much does .11 mean on a football field? Probably not much. And skill/style probably mean more than .11. That speed at 215 is intriguing, though.

What's interesting is that Rinehart may be faster than the guys we have commitments from, at least in a straight line. I saw where he has run a 10.88 100m. I saw where one of our commits has run 10.99. I didn't see a time for the other. Of course, that's T&F speed and how much does .11 mean on a football field? Probably not much. And skill/style probably mean more than .11. That speed at 215 is intriguing, though.
What's confusing no other RB has committed in months, so everyone says he hesitated and yet he unofficially visits, we confirm an OV with him for months even after those 2 commits, just like dozens of others, we know he's set to visit next weekend, he's a top talent, some say better and faster than 2 RB we already have, we're waiting on dozen or so to still visit including a good friend of his, and all of a sudden a week out we cancel his trip?! We still have until August of 2025 to get to 85 schollies. Why not still let him visit and just see where all the chips fall.

What's confusing no other RB has committed in months, so everyone says he hesitated and yet he unofficially visits, we confirm an OV with him for months even after those 2 commits, just like dozens of others, we know he's set to visit next weekend, he's a top talent, some say better and faster than 2 RB we already have, we're waiting on dozen or so to still visit including a good friend of his, and all of a sudden a week out we cancel his trip?! We still have until August of 2025 to get to 85 schollies. Why not still let him visit and just see where all the chips fall.
It's not confusing to the coaches.

It's not confusing to the coaches.
What kind of answer is that? Is that another version of the ever obtuse and dismissive 'trust the coaches'.
As a lifelong fan or rational human with an analytical brain you won't let me analyze, think about, ponder, wish, question, figure out, agree, disagree, or strategize all aspects with my favorite sports team of all time. Really.

What kind of answer is that? Is that another version of the ever obtuse and dismissive 'trust the coaches'.
As a lifelong fan or rational human with an analytical brain you won't let me analyze, think about, ponder, wish, question, figure out, agree, disagree, or strategize all aspects with my favorite sports team of all time. Really.
Now THAT'S confusing.

It's possible (no knowledge or inside info) that we didn't tell him he can't come, but that he can't commit, or we won't accept his commitment if he made one. Could be they would happily have him in, but he would be a plan B for a hypothetical instance where one of the two commits has an issue, or decommits.

Good lord. Is your real name Rob Konrad?

It's possible (no knowledge or inside info) that we didn't tell him he can't come, but that he can't commit, or we won't accept his commitment if he made one. Could be they would happily have him in, but he would be a plan B for a hypothetical instance where one of the two commits has an issue, or decommits.
From what I was told it's more like the staff moved on.

I'm guessing they've got good feelings about some guys at other positions. Maybe if he commits a month ago, someone at another position loses his spot.

It's the old story of "He who hesitates is lost"
Or is it "The early bird gets the worm". ;)
And I'm sure the coaches have had plenty of contact early on saying who has committed and what spots are available and if you want one make ealier plans. Like you said, he who hesitates is lost

Fran told him not to come. This kid acted a fool(understatement) on his trip to Minnesota and pissed off Fleck so bad that he called around and made sure everyone who was recruiting him knew what went down.
eyeballs pops GIF

Appreciate the info. Any word on his good buddy Galloway still visiting?
Always! And my source didn't respond when I asked about Galloway; Purdue has been getting analyst buzz in his recruitment. I'd be surprised if SU prevails for him, but I don't have intel.

Always! And my source didn't respond when I asked about Galloway; Purdue has been getting analyst buzz in his recruitment. I'd be surprised if SU prevails for him, but I don't have intel.
Makes sense. Always thought Purdue had the insight track because of his cousin being there (TE Tayvion who visited us last year).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom