Cuse 2025 Draft Prospects | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse 2025 Draft Prospects

Team success also helps a lot whether anyone will admit it or not…. When in doubt I feel like teams just picked a player off one of the playoff teams.

Obviously you don’t get to the playoff without talent, but Alabama’s nickel corner getting drafted says a lot.

If we have a huge year we will have a ton of kids drafted

I think our only sure things are:
McCord, Diggs, OGII (if fully healthy).

Few other guys likely to be UDFA’s.
Wax possibly in that group.

We tend to overvalue our guys’ pro prospects. Would love to be pleasantly surprised to the upside.
It’s a virtuous cycle to put guys into the NFL.
I think Barron has a good shot but otherwise I agree. I've discovered over the years there is a difference between "Syracuse good" and "NFL prospect good" but Fran is starting to get us more of the latter.

Everyone on that list has work to do, and that’s a good thing

Stef Thompson’s more highly regarded as a prospect than Marlowe which is nuts to me. But Marlowe’s undersized and needs to show the same tenacity Zaire did.

Still feel awful injury derided what would’ve been a lot of meaningful PT for Trill on the phins

Team success also helps a lot whether anyone will admit it or not…. When in doubt I feel like teams just picked a player off one of the playoff teams.

Obviously you don’t get to the playoff without talent, but Alabama’s nickel corner getting drafted says a lot.
This is true. While teams obviously aren’t opposed to picking guys from unsuccessful squads, in general good CFB teams have NFL talent, and bad ones don’t. If our team is good, it will be because the team is successful, and will lead to more draft picks and guys getting shots In camps etc.

still have to have the prerequisites though, measurable, health and freakish athleticism.

Yea but he did throw for almost 3,000 yards and rushed for 1,100 in 2019
Sure, but he wasn’t taken 3rd overall for his stat line. Especially since he only played a single year of college ball.

(And the real argument here is the English guy the Bills just drafted who has never played football.)

Sure, but he wasn’t taken 3rd overall for his stat line. Especially since he only played a single year of college ball.

(And the real argument here is the English guy the Bills just drafted who has never played football.)
Lance had stats to back up his potential.

The English guy is a Unicorn that is a project.

Neither of these guys make the case that Meeks can get drafted without dramatically improving his numbers. To many wide receivers out there.

Lance had stats to back up his potential.

The English guy is a Unicorn that is a project.

Neither of these guys make the case that Meeks can get drafted without dramatically improving his numbers. To many wide receivers out there.
Wasn't arguing anything about Meeks. Just saying that stats aren't something NFL teams put a high priority on.

(And I don't feel like going rounds on Lance. He had 17 career FCS starts.)

Interesting that Cornell had 2 kids get drafted who transferred out of school to play elsehwere

Wasn't arguing anything about Meeks. Just saying that stats aren't something NFL teams put a high priority on.

(And I don't feel like going rounds on Lance. He had 17 career FCS starts.)
Sure seemed like you were talking about Meeks because that was the context, but if not OK.

But then it seems you are arguing a point no one was really making, about someone being drafted on stats alone.
(Still don’t see your point on Lance.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom