Backup QB Discussion | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Backup QB Discussion

If it was up to me, it's not a question, you get Jakhari prepared to be QB2. I wouldn't bring in a transfer at all.

A lot of this board don't feel the same.
I would have felt better about it if he made it to spring ball

I saw plenty of Ronald at Pitt 2 years ago. I saw shades of Ronald in the spring game.

Jakhari is not ready and is not a realistic option.
He may be ready physically. mentally is what I ?. As I said earlier if he had spring I would be all in on him at 2 but as I see now we got no choice.

I get it. The other 2 pages of posts aren't.

I'm a huge fan of Fran but "the season is over if McCord goes down" isn't any different than 8 years of Dino when it comes to QB depth.
The season was over for FSU once Jordan Travis went down last year even though their backups won them games. So why would it be any different for SU? If anything it would be worse, even with an extended CFP.

The season was over for FSU once Jordan Travis went down last year even though their backups won them games. So why would it be any different for SU? If anything it would be worse, even with an extended CFP.
We have to hope we find a Jason Bean in the portal or that someone on the roster turns into him.

No it's not. Shrader was a perfectly serviceable QB. What got Dino fired was that he had 1 above average OL (2018) and 1 year where he had a competent back up QB (2018). You walk into seasons consistently with weak OL's and no contingency at QB and that's a recipe for an average to worse program.
Absolutely correct. The O line was this biggest issue. Shrader wasnt the greatest but he actually got them to back to back bowl games. Would have been 3 if he played the whole rutgers game.

Also I know many are down on CDRW as QB2. I get it. However, if the OL is improved, the skill positions are improved, and you have a new offense + coaches, is it possible he can be a solid backup?

He seemed jumpy to me in the Spring game.

He seemed jumpy to me in the Spring game.

Long way to Fall

I guess my overall thoughts are if the coaching staff didn't give him the talk and he's still here, he's good enough to be here.

Realistically, I hope the only snaps he sees this year are when we're up 30+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom