2024 Seating Changes | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

the email says Selection will take place between May 21 - July 1. does that include BB as well?

Thats like a 7 week window?

I mean we really dont know how many STH for fb there are in the process.

I also think that a chunk are not part of this. How many are in the box seats?

Bball is in July after fball

And the unknown is how close 1000 and 1300 really are since BB tickets are all lumped in.

You will get some hint when the two times come up though.

We dont know how the windows really work though.. Is it an 8 hr day a 24 hr day? 5 days a week or 6?

i would like to think its more like an 8 hr day so people could call reps as needed with questions.

In theory 1000 and 1300 could be close with 290 BB in between or they could be days apart with 290 fb people between

5 min window 12 an hr 96 slots a day?

I guess we could back door how many STH we have from the data

Supposedly 9-5 M-F. No weekends no Memorial Day. I assume they want to conduct it while the reps are in the office.

I agree. they need to have people around to answer questions. I just seems like this equates to 4-5K of STH in the process given the timing? Maybe closer to 7-8K

I know how you feel. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 30 years, and going to games for over 40. I have spent a lot of money supporting SU football at home and away. Waited years to get the seats I’m in. Very good chance some chucklehead newb could pull them out from underneath me.
I don’t think there are that many chucklehead newbs donating a lot of money that will displace folks. I’m sure there are some but they likely were season ticket holders already and supporting the program, just not as long. I think the longevity points make up the difference for most. But if someone is donating 10k extra a year….well they’re going to pick earlier. Just the way it works.

I still think most people will be happy with what they get. Even if you don’t get the exact spot you had before, you likely can get something comparable. I also encourage more folks to join us on the visitor side. It’s fun screwing with the opposing teams. We need more folks on the TV side.

Part of me gets the whole reward thing. But also I wonder if it was better served to reward the sports separately.

It's not clear that the 5 min window is for a single group, is it? We would think so, but it could be for 10 groups every 5 min. I asked that question to 2 reps and got no clear answer.

I suppose SU is going to have to do some goes intos to figure out how they'll divide the time slots up either individually or in groups of X.

Except you’re forgetting a large section of the lower bowl is getting displaced due to the student section moving

So there’s likely more movement downstairs than you will expect

So making sure you're near the restrooms is what you're suggesting? Is the Dome just offering Taco Bell from here on?

Hate to break it too you, 5000 probably means a minimum 10-15k seats will be allocated already. If you want first row 3rd deck they'll likely be gone. Look at sections like 303-316, 321-324 and 331-334. Go for the $150 seats...but also look at the $200 seats.

Sadly you probably won't see hardly any familiar faces...it's a money and longevity based re-seating. It is the fairest system they could do.

They have to both earn $$$ and protect the base but money is very important in this realignment world.
You're probably right. We're either staying in 332 or moving to 321 so I think we should still have relatively decent seats, though I'm not counting on aisles anymore.

The first 3 weeks should drop in about 2 weeks.

FWIW: Matt Sarzyniak predicts

Ohio at Cuse 6:30pm on CW
GTech at Cuse 4pm ESPN2
Week 3 BYE

I think they meant what time are the emails being released for our time slots today.

But that's also good info that you shared. Ty!

Imagine how many people are planning on scheduling their morning/ afternoon on whichever given day so that they will be available for their five minutes window?

Not complaining, just amusing. I know I will.

Imagine how many people are planning on scheduling their morning/ afternoon on whichever given day so that they will be available for their five minutes window?

So I'm not the only one bored at work refreshing my donor page and this page every 15 mins?!

Cool..

So I'm not the only one bored at work refreshing my donor page and this page every 15 mins?!

Cool..
I think donor rank is locked so you can at least stop with that, lol. Now refreshing our emails and this thread however is a different matter!

Pretty sure I might be driving up I-95. Can't wait till I tell my wife why I have to exit the freeway for 15 mins.

Pretty sure I might be driving up I-95. Can't wait till I tell my wife why I have to exit the freeway for 15 mins.
I will legit call in to my part time job under the premise of personal business. It is business and it is personal!

I think donor rank is locked so you can at least stop with that, lol. Now refreshing our emails and this thread however is a different matter!

I emailed my rep late Friday. Mine still says "effective date" January 25, 2024 with no update to my account at all. Not my tickets or my additional donation.

Edit: rep got back to me. Everything is updated. But my priority points seem off. (Not getting the 5 points/season when I was a STH from 2019-2021.)

Last edited:
I know how you feel. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 30 years, and going to games for over 40. I have spent a lot of money supporting SU football at home and away. Waited years to get the seats I’m in. Very good chance some chucklehead newb could pull them out from underneath me.
This is me as well. I haven't been too vocal on this thread and waiting for the information to flow from the University. I've become increasing frustrated by the lack of information from my ticket rep, lots of "should" and "probably" when inquiring. I gave up inquiring, it wasn't worth my time or effort for the information I received. This will be my 25th year as a football STH and I have a gut feeling my last. I've been loyal for 25 years renewing my 4 tickets without a lot of disposable income in some years, yet I still renewed. I as well wish fans, who have been long time STH, would be given access to hold their seats. Or some kind of process for longevity of over 15 years. Its going to be painful when I return to see someone else sitting in the seats I've held, enjoyed, made friends, spent countless dollars not enjoying bad food and watched so much bad football over 25 years. Yes, I hope to be able to keep my seats when my priority group 8 comes up. But I'm not hopeful at all and most likely will be pushed into seats that will not keep me as a STH after this year. Even with the Coach Fran excitement. And I understand its the new college football, as I've been told by a neighbor, who is buying ST for the first time and very happy he is high on the list due to his donation. This is the same guy who always made fun of me through the years going to games. My story is like a lot of fans who feel left out by the new college football.

I hope I can return to my seats from years past, but the more I read this thread and as we get closer to the time slots I'm losing hope.