What Happened To Michael Carter-Williams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What Happened To Michael Carter-Williams

I was curious the upstate NY connect, as I had noticed on Instagram that when he got married, I recognized the venue as being the Lake House in Canandaigua. It's not cheap to have a wedding there, so I wasn't sure if it was high class enough to be a destination for former NBA players to have their weddings there, or if she had a connections to central/western NY.

The dudes been through a lot - this is his second players tribune article and this one doesn't even mention the fire. Sad that his own school's fans on this message board still are taking jabs at him after putting every thing out there.
Uh.. are they?

It actually is a really good article.

It's funny that I wouldn't consider Orlando to be a top tier franchise for taking care of players, but it sounds like I've assessed that incorrectly.

Uh.. are they?
Sorry, I read these as jabs, my bad:

"Or maybe security at a department store?"

and

"Was one or my favorite guys to come through but this story is weird, ridiculous, whatever.

Living your dream out, do something to really family life and you got depressed until an opportunity with an NBA team came calling then everything worked out? The poor play the thing to blame for his cheating? What is any common man or anyone in general going to get out of this story?"

and

"Was one or my favorite guys to come through but this story is weird, ridiculous, whatever.

Living your dream out, do something to really family life and you got depressed until an opportunity with an NBA team came calling then everything worked out? The poor play the thing to blame for his cheating? What is any common man or anyone in general going to get out of this story?"
Joke

and

I’m not excusing his actions, but depressed people (especially men) will do a whole host of unhealthy things instead of facing their problems head-on.

If it’s not clubbing it might be lashing out at work or at home, compulsive gambling, buying a sports car they can’t afford or dating someone 20 years younger than them to try to convince everyone they’re still hot .

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but before MCW declared for the draft, weren't there posts about how he didn't "need the money" because his parents were "well off?" I might be misremembering. Anyway, this article by him certainly doesn't paint the picture that his family was well off just because of where they lived.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but before MCW declared for the draft, weren't there posts about how he didn't "need the money" because his parents were "well off?" I might be misremembering. Anyway, this article by him certainly doesn't paint the picture that his family was well off just because of where they lived.

I think he/his parents got a lot of goodwill because they kept him on a sort of austerity budget where he lived off his endorsements but banked his salary.

Smart. Hope that pot has grown in the last decade.

I think he/his parents got a lot of goodwill because they kept him on a sort of austerity budget where he lived off his endorsements but banked his salary.

Smart. Hope that pot has grown in the last decade.

I definitely remember that part of his story and it appears to have been an especially wise decision, given how his career turned out. It's amazing how quickly some guys can blow through earnings thinking that the well will never run dry.

Glad he's grounded with his family. There were lots of highlights from his career at SU, but I always remember when we played St. Johns in New York and he dunked over their big forward (Pointer). The clip below sounds like Matt Park's (radio) call. IIRC the televised broadcast was color commentated by Bill Raftery .. who said, "and that's your point guard folks".

LOL - that dunk is my avatar. MCW was one of my favorite players for SU.

That was definitely chatter with Grant, at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom