Judah and the next level | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Judah and the next level

I was watching the Magic yesterday and even as Suggs and Garland struggled to put the ball near let alone in the hoop, it struck me as I don't see how Judah stays on the floor with either of those guys, let alone donovan Mitchell.

Is he a better player than cole Anthony? That is his role moving forward - will be interesting to see.

is there mutual interest from the school?

I know it would probably totally shocking to casual observers - but is Judah honestly a fit with the current roster?

there is not a role for what he does with the current group, imo

to come back, judah would have to take a reduced role...and also change his playing style...and I dont see how he would want that

i think the current roster build is emphasizing teamwork, sharing the ball etc...NOT iso scoring

is Judah a good player? yes, very good...

is he good enough to build a team around, with his iso heavy style, and win? doesnt really seem so

would I want judah back if he changed his style with reduced volume and better outside shooting? yes

do I want to see extended periods of play where judah just goes 1 on 1 again? no
You sure ask yourself a lot of questions!
But at least you have the answers

I know it would probably totally shocking to casual observers - but is Judah honestly a fit with the current roster?

to come back, judah would have to take a reduced role...and also change his playing style...and I dont see how he would want that

i think the current roster build is emphasizing teamwork, sharing the ball etc...NOT iso scoring

is he good enough to build a team around, with his iso heavy style, and win? doesnt really seem so

would I want judah back if he changed his style with reduced volume and better outside shooting? yes

do I want to see extended periods of play where judah just goes 1 on 1 again? no

If rumors are to be believed, Red does not want him back anyways.

Do I find it odd that you write in this manner? Yes.

Creighton’s Kalkbrenner who’s invited has already announced that he’s returning to school. No Quincy Guerrier on the list. I think PJ Hall could opt to return. Some more of these kids could opt to return to college too. Noticed Bronny too - wonder which teams will give him inflated vs honest evaluation?
There are two different evaluations, one is skill and one is will they draw eyes.

Creighton’s Kalkbrenner who’s invited has already announced that he’s returning to school. No Quincy Guerrier on the list. I think PJ Hall could opt to return. Some more of these kids could opt to return to college too. Noticed Bronny too - wonder which teams will give him inflated vs honest evaluation?

Hall has said he’s not returning.

Do I find it odd that you write in this manner? Yes.
Am I happy that Beth left me? Of course not.
yw3ivgx151cb1.jpg

602 points this season . 202 of those from the ft line. 72 pts deep on 28 % shooting. 1.5 ass/to.
judah needed to improve from 3 ...and didnt

i like him and feel bad that a player with his potential and charisma is seemingly going to wash out and never reach his goals

he was exciting to watch and had a lot of great games...

all that said, I am kinda glad the program is going a different direction this year

judah needed to improve from 3 ...and didnt
well break down the numbers. 202 made fts . 188 made fgs. (24 deep). flop artist. he made his living at the line.
i like the get a "passport" line above . dleague money he'll probably just be leasing a honda passport. and learning to drive on the other side of the road.

Last edited:
I do not think that we have an NBA rotation player on our roster. Maybe a couple of guys could bounce between G-League and end of roster, but that's about it.

Judah - I think he will get smothered and killed on his lane forays at the NBA level. IF he could be a threat from treyland then he might have a chance. He is improving his passing game and that is huge for him.

JJ - He has the game, assuming his recent three point shooting is for real, but I think he (and Judah) lacks NBA size and probably he also lacks NBA quickness.

Maliq - Great kid, great fundamentals, super hustle, but he needs to be able to score in some way other than dunks. He doesnt shoot from outside and so far we havent been able to pass the ball to him down low and have him make a move when he is not within dunking distance.

Cope - He has NBA size and NBA pizzaz. I am not sure he has NBA quickness. He doesnt have bad form on his shot, but somehow it is a work in progress. Also, he needs to be a more effective scorer when near the glass. He makes lots of razzle dazzle baskets, but he also doesnt manage to score too often in those situations. Lastly, he is sometimes too loose with the ball, but he is improving in that regard.

Nobody else on the roster needs any discussion.

Not being a hater, but Judah's just not a very good player. He has a skill or two - tight handle, very good body control on the drive, nice touch off the glass.

But he is SO lacking in fundamental things like defense, passing, vision, awareness of spacing and where others are on the court. I don't even see him doing well at the G League cattle call. He's going to have to go play overseas, in some B Level league. He's just not that good.

We have had WAY more complete players than him never really get a sniff.

Since this is an allusion to Boeheim, the difference is that Buddy was undoubtedly a high-major college basketball player. Bronny hasn’t shown that he’s an NBA talent.

Absolutely fair point. But you have to admit, if JB had handled it better, we wouldn't have had so many guys transfer who would have grown into important role players on that team, and the next couple seasons to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom