Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

If you kill your father before he met your mother, there would be no one to come back to kill your father. Right?

Kadary—about him not being great at shooting the 3…. Okay, it he does other things. If he’s not a sniper, but can post up and shoot in the paint at 60+% and draw fouls, that has a value, too. I see him like a Kidd, who has no J early on but was still a great PG. This is a similar argument to the thing about Lampkin not blocking shots. But, a big, strong body in the paint and a more physical rebounder makes for a more prominent defensive presence. Taking away shot opportunities is the objective, not splashy swats. Ideally, you have both, but….

All that said, I’d be flabbergasted if KaDary came back and I’m mixxy on whether I’d want him to. I think he excels in a half court, slower offense and I hope we’re going to be more about speed, though I don’t know if Lampkin is that dude, either. I think he’s quick enough.

I liked KaDary in Orange, and thought he deserved more than he got, but I still have reservations about the motor/constant effort. Still trying to understand how two different coaches/universities were unable to get him into the “shape” or conditioning they wanted if not for some sort of physical pathology. I mean, aren’t the coaches in charge of how much he works on cardio/stamina?

Hey, Kadary...the fans liked you in orange. You're problem was with the coach who's gone. And even he might like to see you back, helping his old school win!

If we do land Kadary, we need a Melo-style "I'm coming home" video.

Although idk if you can use Diddy music anymore...
As the kids say these days…..No Diddy

Would be a great story if a portal guy returned to his original school (prodigal son thing) and excelled, thereby elevating the team. To my knowledge this kind of story hasn't happened yet and would be outstanding if it does.
Devil is in the details, but I know we can get this done.

If we do land Kadary, we need a Melo-style "I'm coming home" video.

Although idk if you can use Diddy music anymore...
Speaking of Melo, maybe he and some friends could be our angel NIL donor to help us get the money to land Kadary. I believe he saw him play in high school and saw his potential and talked about him with our coaching staff?

This is not directed at any one person as many are doing it.

Please stop making these uninformed posts.

It remains illegal for schools to put money into NIL. I know Charlie Baker has proposed a change here but it has not been approved to date.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/nil-landscape-in-college-sports-changes-as-ncaa-loses-grip-amateur-vs-employee-battle-looms/#:~:text=The%20NCAA%20currently%20prohibits%20schools,the%20NCAA's%20rules%20this%20summer.
Thanks Tom, I’m aware. I said that more in the vein of general spend. If it costs donors 1 million to get Kadary, but the payout in fans coming to the dome increases, that’s potentially more donors for the next crop of athletes. I shouldn’t have included the cheap shot at SU. I meant that separately

I would love to have Kadary return. Seems like he left for a reason though. I would think that it would be a pretty hard sell for Red to convince him that his experience will be different this go around, but what do I know? While he's not the elite three point shooter most want, he excels at just about every other aspect of the game. If not Kadary, who else? Ivy-Curry, Hoggard? I view Carlos as a fantastic backup point guard, but like most, I am hoping for another more accomplished guard that we are confident can produce at a high ACC level. We definitely have a more talented roster now than we did Kadary's freshman year, and that can't hurt. Red's done a nice job assembling this team, and I'm really high on Davis especially. I'll be watching and hoping for a reunion tour with Kadary at the helm. LGO!

I would love to have Kadary return. Seems like he left for a reason though. I would think that it would be a pretty hard sell for Red to convince him that his experience will be different this go around, but what do I know? While he's not the elite three point shooter most want, he excels at just about every other aspect of the game. If not Kadary, who else? Ivy-Curry, Hoggard? I view Carlos as a fantastic backup point guard, but like most, I am hoping for another more accomplished guard that we are confident can produce at a high ACC level. We definitely have a more talented roster now than we did Kadary's freshman year, and that can't hurt. Red's done a nice job assembling this team, and I'm really high on Davis especially. I'll be watching and hoping for a reunion tour with Kadary at the helm. LGO!
The head coach is gone so how could his experience again not change, it changes EVERYTHING!!!

Concerning the university's involvement with NIL, it's been widely assumed here that Red is the gatekeeper. That is, he'd be the one to direct the NIL groups to blow the account for a player, or not.

It seems like that's probably how it works. If so, Red would be the one doing the ROI analysis.

Concerning the university's involvement with NIL, it's been widely assumed here that Red is the gatekeeper. That is, he'd be the one to direct the NIL groups to blow the account for a player, or not.

It seems like that's probably how it works. If so, Red would be the one doing the ROI analysis.
From what I have been told, there was a donor who wanted to direct his money to who he wanted. Not who the coaches wanted. Of course Red should be doing the ROI.

From what I have been told, there was a donor who wanted to direct his money to who he wanted. Not who the coaches wanted. Of course Red should be doing the ROI.
I would imagine that scenario would be a systemic problem with NIL as it’s set up now with little restrictions being enacted and enforced. Boosters would target players on their own that they like, maybe even acting as their semi-agent and pressure their favorite program(s) to take the player and they’d take care of the cost.

This is not directed at any one person as many are doing it.

Please stop making these uninformed posts.

It remains illegal for schools to put money into NIL. I know Charlie Baker has proposed a change here but it has not been approved to date.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/nil-landscape-in-college-sports-changes-as-ncaa-loses-grip-amateur-vs-employee-battle-looms/#:~:text=The%20NCAA%20currently%20prohibits%20schools,the%20NCAA's%20rules%20this%20summer.
The state of Virginia will allow the schools to directly put money into NIL collectives starting in July. I believe the state or Missouri just started doing it earlier this offseason. I think this will eventually be the next evolution of NIL.

If a donor wants to pay a player directly and the coaches are not interested then what’s the issue? Sorry if I’m a bit slow on this - been watching 6 hours of little league today..,

The state of Virginia will allow the schools to directly put money into NIL collectives starting in July. I believe the state or Missouri just started doing it earlier this offseason. I think this will eventually be the next evolution of NIL.
I hope upset fans don’t then get angry at players… claiming they’re paying them to perform

I hope upset fans don’t then get angry at players… claiming they’re paying them to perform
That reminds me of a rumored quote for a center named Chuck Aleksinis (sic) who transferred to Connecticut from Kentucky a million years ago. It went something like "I knew it was time to transfer when a booster told me 'We're paying you good money. You gotta play better than that!'". (Expletives deleted)

If a donor wants to pay a player directly and the coaches are not interested then what’s the issue? Sorry if I’m a bit slow on this - been watching 6 hours of little league today..,
What if the coaches don't want that player? Or, certainly don't want that player to get whatever money the donor is offering because it will upset other players on the team? Making it difficult to have team unity or keeping other players next year?

What if the coaches don't want that player? Or, certainly don't want that player to get whatever money the donor is offering because it will upset other players on the team? Making it difficult to have team unity or keeping other players next year?
Dash do you know, can coaches contribute to a collective personally? Like could Red donate to Orange United?