2024 WNBA Draft: Dyaisha Fair waived by Las Vegas Aces | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 WNBA Draft: Dyaisha Fair waived by Las Vegas Aces

Not a bad day nor investment. The city loves that team.
Make It Rain Money GIF by yvngswag

Tuned in to Aces game now.
3rd qtr. Martin is in. 17 mins, so far.
Dyaisha hasn't played.
Tough for D bc PG is where the Aces are quite loaded.

Last edited:
Tuned in to Aces game now.
3rd qtr. Martin is in.
Has Dyaisha played?
Not yet, probably won't see much action except garbage time. They only go 7.5 deep.

Another DNP for DF. Wonder what their plans are for her? Insurance for Kelsey Plum, in case she gets injured? A 2-3 year project? Do they do that in the WNBA? Trade bait?

Aces got worked over last night.
-15 w Plum in, but she had 27. Only guard w a good plus minus was Colson.

1000003375.jpg

Another DNP for DF. Wonder what their plans are for her? Insurance for Kelsey Plum, in case she gets injured? A 2-3 year project? Do they do that in the WNBA? Trade bait?

View attachment 241358
And the Aces are missing two players d/t injury (including Gray). Both are guards. When they return Fair’s chance of playing will decrease even further.

So they are going to restrict female players from earning what they could have gotten in college so the NBA (WNBA) can continue to pay them peanuts?
I think it’s about the franchises being on equal footing for paying players. They can get all the NIL they want. Leagues don’t want non-owners putting up money for payroll.

I think it’s about the franchises being on equal footing for paying players. They can get all the NIL they want. Leagues don’t want non-owners putting up money for payroll.
So the recent announcement by the LV Chamber of Commerce, or whatever it is, about giving each of the players $100k could be real NIL for commercials, PSA’s, public appearances, etc? Not this pay for play BS? ;)

And the Aces are missing two players d/t injury (including Gray). Both are guards. When they return Fair’s chance of playing will decrease even further.
Don't shoot the messenger! I don't like the idea of Fair being buried on the bench either, but the reality is that it is going to be tough for her to see the court on this Aces team (especially when they are fully healthy).

View attachment 241358
I feel like if she had a chance she would show she belongs out there. Nobody thought she'd transition to the ACC and cook the entire league let alone being the third ALL FREAKING TIME in scoring. This is the player who needs to play and had done everything to this point to get that opportunity.

Starting from 7:45 of these game highlights, you can see Dyaisha running around. Not much one can do in a < 4 min span, 20 pt victory. Her height is an issue. She needs to be on a team that really needs a primary or backup ball handler & can work with her shortcomings on D. Hard to be stuck behind a legend like Kelsey Plum, who is in her prime.

Starting from 7:45 of these game highlights, you can see Dyaisha running around. Not much one can do in a < 4 min span, 20 pt victory. Her height is an issue. She needs to be on a team that really needs a primary or backup ball handler & can work with her shortcomings on D. Hard to be stuck behind a legend like Kelsey Plum, who is in her prime.

I want it to work in Vegas for her, I have friends who are season ticket holders and while I wouldn't call myself a WNBA fan if i had to pick one it would be definitely be them and would watch if dhe was playing but the writing seems to be on the wall that she may not get minutes. Its early and I think she just needs a chance but it may not be the right spot.

I want it to work in Vegas for her, I have friends who are season ticket holders and while I wouldn't call myself a WNBA fan if i had to pick one it would be definitely be them and would watch if dhe was playing but the writing seems to be on the wall that she may not get minutes. Its early and I think she just needs a chance but it may not be the right spot.
She seems good enough to be on someone's roster, and pretty close to the Aces secondary ball handler. Hopefully she can find a team that really needs her.

All the rook love is going Martin's way.